What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few pics i just took

hh.jpg

'Hummer's Hammerhead'

mix.jpg

(excellens x readii) on the left, (oreophila x 'willisii&#39
wink.gif
in the middle, and a newly opened (excellens x mitchelliana) on the right.

unknown.jpg

Something I got from Home Depot a month ago. Not sure exactly what it is. It wasn't labelled when I got it. Thought it was leucophylla at first, but now I'm not so sure.

lxpsxrubra.jpg

leucophylla x gilpini

wrigley.jpg

a wrigleyana

Nice pics, I looooove that hummers hammerhead, i want one really bad, thanks for sharing
Kevin

More than likely, I'll have at least 1 division available next spring. The thing is branching like crazy.

I JUST LOVE WHEN YA'LL SHARE PIC. IT JUST MAKES ME DROOLE AND WANT MORE! I AM TRUELY OBSESSED.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sarracenia @ June 30 2003,2:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">More than likely, I'll have at least 1 division available next spring.  The thing is branching like crazy.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I might have a sarracenia alata 'black x flava 'red' offshoot available for trade next spring. maybe we could trade?
wink.gif

I wonder if the Home Depot one may be S. 'Dana's Delight' which was called for a while "red leucophylla". It's a leuco crossed with a leuco hybrid(I can't remember exactly with what-thinking purpurea). It comes from Agristarts, which supplies a lot of tc plants to various places.

Joe

I dunno. That HD plant looks just like my leuc to my untrained eye.

20030120-CP-%20S.%20leucophylla%20-%20first%20pitcher%202.jpg

Maybe mine isn't a leuc, either? I got it from a reputable source...

Your "leucophylla?" looks just like the leuco 'red' I got from PFT. This is leucox 'willisi'(sp?) hybrid...I think that 'willisi' is a leuco hybrid itself (with purpurea in there, too, but I think it's actually a three way hybrid...someone please correct me here).
Hope this helps...

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wonder if the Home Depot one may be S. 'Dana's Delight' which was called for a while "red leucophylla". It's a leuco crossed with a  leuco hybrid(I can't remember exactly with what-thinking purpurea). It comes from Agristarts, which supplies a lot of tc plants to various places.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your "leucophylla?" looks just like the leuco 'red' I got from PFT. This is leucox 'willisi'(sp?) hybrid...I think that 'willisi' is a leuco hybrid itself (with purpurea in there, too, but I think it's actually a three way hybrid...someone please correct me here).
Hope this helps...
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think it's that leuco x willisii. I actually have a couple of those growing right next to it. In pretty much the same conditions, the pitchers on both of the leuco x willisii turn nearly completely dark red, with pink windows. This Home Depot plant pretty much stays green, except for the lid. The only reason I'm not sure if it is a pure leuco is that, to me, it just seems there is not much aereolation (is that a word?) below the lip of the pitcher. It still is a relatively young plant, so maybe it is a leuco that just hasn't fully developed it's colors yet.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I might have a sarracenia alata 'black x flava 'red' offshoot available for trade next spring. maybe we could trade?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
You have a pic of that plant? I would be interested, especially if the plant is well colored.

I'll go take the pics right now, I know you'll love them, the lids get a dark blood red when put in full sunlight, and the pitcher is a deep red with some green too
biggrin.gif
I'll edit the pics onto this post
EDIT: Okay, here are the pics!

In full sun, the entire pitchers can become blood dark red, and the pitchers, if not completely blood red, are heavily veined:
alatablack.jpg

The inside of the pitcher is heavily veined as well, look at the black at the bottom, its a fly
biggrin.gif

flavared.jpg

When this pitcher developed, it was inside and it was rainy the whole time it developed, so it's not as big and colorful:
alataflavax.jpg

Back