Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Icps plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was limited to ICPS members in the US. They've sent out all the plants and will watch the results before deciding whether to do it again. If they do, expect it to again be limited to ICPS members.

But the point of the effort was to get a breeding stock of an endangered species into the hands of people prone to taking care of and breeding CPs. It'll lead to lots of seeds and seedlings hitting the exchange lists within a few years. The idea is to make an endangered S. alabamensis no more valuable to a collector than any other plant. That should eliminate much of the incentive for poaching. If only it was so easy to preserve habitat. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm late in posting but I just wanted to say mine are doing very well and are sending up numerous new pitchers. The bonus sundews that sprouted in the pots are doing very well too. I think Tamlins ID was correct, they are starting to look like D. burmanii "red Tenticle".

Hopefully we all get flowers and seed next year so we can spread the joy unfortunately I think you can only legaly transport the seed within your own State. I someone knows for sure please post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try and find that out for you guys. But if anyone does get any extra seed next year I'd be glad to have it.

I'll post what I find in a few days

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

According to the info I recieved with my plants "....You may not sell your plant or engage in barter/trade with your plant with another person in another state. However, plants may be sent across state lines (only as a gift) and you may sell plants within your state. These restrictions apply even to plants produced via seed or division. Seeds from your plants may be donated to the ICPS seed bank."

For those interested in introducing them back into the wild, you are cautioned that "these plants may not be planted on federal property."

Edit 8-9-03 @ 7:15pm
    Just a reminder for those of you with a memory like mine to send in the Shipping Survey post card that you recieved with your plants if you haven't done so already.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh well then i will take any seeds for free I don't have the cash to join the ICPS it really stinks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean not having the cash sucks
    the icps is really great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are my photos from this weekend. Lots of new little pitchers.

...No snowflake ever lands in the wrong place...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Folks,

I just had an idea today, inspired by a conversation with Barry Burch on this list.

Some of you have expressed a desire that all the Sarracenia distributed by the ICPS conservation program have individual code letters assigned to them. The point for this is that all the plants in the program were seed grown, and so were genetically distinct. It would have been too much of an
    additional pain for us to track this information from the sending end, but here is a solution....

Every recipient of a plant in this program is an ICPS member, so why not just append your membership number to the plant label. So if you are member #1943, and have a plant from AL001 and one from AL002, call them AL001-1943 and AL002-1943. If you don't know your ICPS member number (who does?) look at the mailing label on your most recent (or next) issue of CPN shipping envelope. The membership number is there, next to your expiry date for your membership.

Cheers

Barry

------------------------
    Barry A. Rice, Ph.D.
    Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
    Conservation Coeditor
    barry@carnivorousplants.org
    http://www.carnivorousplants.org

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast