What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just a "tip"

I was in lowe's the other day looking at a fresh batch of cps, and noticed a rather peeked looking s. purpea. I could tell by the looks of it that it was going through it's dormancy. So I asked the guy working why wasn't it on the dollar table because it looked very poor....well, long story short, I walked out of there with it for a buck. It is always good to ask...

Nice haul!  Unfortunately, they don't have a "dollar table" down here.  They take the plants away at full price still when they're dead.

SF

With CPs and orchids, I always ask. And I don't think I've ever been turned down. Most of the time its a 50% reduction but sometimes its more. I actually had one guy give me a plant.

So it never hurts to ask. Its a great way to get orchids at a much better price.

Suzanne

I got one of my orchids for six bucks. And actually my Lowes will everyonce in a while put the orchids whose flowers have died on sale. Next time I'm in there I might get one.

there were orchids priced down to a dollar at the one here in winchester va. My wife says she wants to learn more about them before taking them on. we should just drape some plastic over our house because it looks like a greenhouse!! Bob

Hey! Yeah...Bob your wife should get into orchids! That would be cool. Then while she's going crazy buying orchids, you can sneak in the CPs and she won't care! There IS an orchid forum here ya know.
smile.gif

I say...go for it!

Hey,
I picked up 3 small pots including a darlingtonia, pinguicula, and vft for a buck each. They had a rathe rlarge rack with about, 30 individual pots. And those plastic cubes.
Kevin

usually when plants are dead , dieing , or close to dieing , they are still sold full price and there never a discount table . although i have asked and most of the time i get the plants for free or they tell me that they send the plants back to the company for a refund but i think thats a lie considering i've seen some plants in traschcans .

Back