What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying something new...

I put one of my sarrs outside in a water tray and in direct sunlight
i am goin to see what happens over the next few minutes or so
if it starts to wilt wat do i do
rock.gif

what is a great way to introduce it
it started in a terrarium should i put it indoors then move it outdoors over a period of time...
what do i do
any tips and tricks

How many hours of sunlight will it be getting? I recently moved my S. Purpurea outside and its now getting 7 hours of direct sunlight. I would be hesitant to put any more on it now, as the leaves are getting crispy around the edges. You might want to put the plants next to a building, so they get shade for half the day.

SF

If you take your time in getting it used to sunlight as Snowy suggested, you should do fine during the day....if it's a nice day like today was (it got up to 55°f by 1:OO). Otherwise the sudden changes in temp from inside to outside may put them into shock. I definitely wouldn't leave them outside this late in the season. Especially at night, unless they have been hardend to the temps during the last month. My temps have been getting into the high 20°f range at night. Being lower in altitude, yours may be warmer.

smile.gif

BCK

Its hard to say if you live where it doesnt get to hot i would say it would be fine i would trying growing it on a window sill frist tho because its been locked in a tank and its use to the temp's in there if yur worred about the plant try putting it outside when spring comes thats what i would say to do ;)

i live in colorado elavation 5600 feet
laugh.gif

Back