What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my pitcher dying?

You remember the awesome looking plant i had, well i took care of it right, i kept it watered and in the sun(inside) now all of the chutes are drying up and getting crispy, but the other things (forgot the name, they dont eat bugs) are still green. is it dead or just needs to go dormant?

Its phyllodia.. and it sounds like dormancy to me.

Steve

Nade its just going Dormant very normal for Sarrcenia dont worry about it if yur keeping it wet u shouldnt hav any probelms
smile.gif

Wich species is it? (just out of my curiosity lol.)

Its a judith hindle, and its been in the fridge in the plastic bag for a couple days and all is well so far

Yes it is just going dormant. The plant will look sort of dead for the next few months. But as long as you give it the right dormancy requirements it should burst back to life next spring.

-buckeye

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yes it is just going dormant.  The plant will look sort of dead for the next few months.  But as long as you give it the right dormancy requirements it should burst back to life next spring.  
  I second that.  I wish I could use the fridge.  Mine are dormant in my sunroom and right now an epidemic of scale and mealybug is sweeping through my plants.  I have been sprying them for the past month and they are just now starting to look better(if they can because of dormancy).  I have very bad luck when it comes to pests, last year it was aphids and now it is both scale and mealybug.  Guys(and girls) count your blessings when it come to plants, because when it comes to pests you get the worst kind on cps.
sad.gif
mad.gif

Back