0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres a pic of one of mine now :

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my plant from Botanical Wonders. Thats a nice plant right there. What are all those gages and all its in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my cobra is in a water tray in a white container with a mini turkey bastor and a humidity and temperature gauge to montior the humdity level snad the soil temperature .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, I wish I was like THAT with my plants! YEah, I think I'm pretty good now. I should do OK with my cobra lily. It seems to be getting nice humidity with the cup I put over it. But when it grows too big how to I keep its atmosphere humid

Also, can sunlight go through clear not-so-thick plastic for the plant to absorb?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think you don't need to put that cup over it , there probably enough humidty around the plant already , caution about putting the cup on though , if you leave it on and keep the plant in the sun outside , then thats gonna cause heat build up , and this plant does not like it hot , also , light can come in but with all the condensation on the lid , it'll probably be weak .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But how could there be any humidity around it if there is nothing to contain it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    true , but when the water evaporates from the soil and water it creates evaporation which is humidity , all the cup does is keep it in and create condesation which is not nesscerry , also the plant will be more vulnarable to fungus if you put there is not enough air circulation and light coming in that cup . so if you take the cup off , there will still be humidty .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend that you keep the plant outside. If I'm correct and you live in W Viginia, you could keep the plant out all year w/o any problems. Climate there is very close to the plant's natural habitat in Oregon.

Brian
    expletive deleted

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast