What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia x excellens 'Lochness'

[b said:
Quote[/b] (goldtrap2690 @ Dec. 31 2003,18:08)]well i could 'nt find the email address of the guy who owns the plant in that pic but i did finds his itnernesting website and plan on buolding a bog soon
biggrin.gif
 he also live in the same area as i do , the san fernando valle y. anyways , here is a pic of s. x excellens ' lochness ' from adrian slacks book ' Insect eating plants and how to grow them ' :
s_x_excellens_lochness.sized.jpg

EDIT: did a resize for you.
For what it's worth, it bothers me that some people are scanning photos out of a CPOPYRIGHTED book and posting it on the WEB, it appears, without permission from the photographer, author or publisher...

Stuff like this bothers me on the web, and just felt like it needed to be mentioned.

i know , and i did mjention about a copyright thing before that post but no one replyed so i went for it . i'm sure adrian slack would've said it is ok to use it for educational purposes and i said it was his work and not mines so i don't think theres much to worry about .

I just ran across this - almost 20 years too late! It's probably a moot point since it's so old and the thread commenters may not even be here anymore, but since The Internet never forgets I wanted to clarify this. The website was mine and the picture was of an S. x excellens I purchased in my quest to add Slack's excellent 'Lochness' to my collection. Unfortunately, in spite of e-mailed assurances from the seller that it was genuine and the flowers were red, it turned out to be nothing but a regular yellow-flowered S. x excellens. So, my apologies if anyone relied upon the photo of the fake 'Lochness' I once had. The website hasn't been up for a very long time and to my knowledge my photos exist only in some backup CDs I made at the time (if I can still find them). If you really want to see Adrian Slack's 'Lochness' you'll have to get lucky (like I did) and find a used copy of his Insect-eating plants and how to grow them. Or, there was a reprint of the book that was titled Insect eaters I think, but the photo was very small and not as good as the original book.

If you really want to see Adrian Slack's 'Lochness' . . . find a used copy of his Insect-eating plants and how to grow them.
To anyone looking, right now (as of 8-21-2021) there are 3 copies available on ebay!
Let us know if you get one, good luck!

Last edited:
Back