Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cephalotus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna just put mine outside. It shouldn't go dormant since I'm in southern California.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they didn't cost so much. I have tons of room for plants now and they are so cool looking.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought one in late summer last year. I'm growing it in a terrarium. When I first received the plant it was small and had 2 pitchers on it. The pitchers lasted about 3 days when I got it.
    It has adjusted to my conditions and has doubled in size. It has about 4 pitchers on it now, and several fuzzball ready to inflate into pitchers. I have taken a few leaf cuttings which I hope will reward my with more plants. I would like to try growing them in different locations to see how they do.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, it's they grow great, then they don't! A synopsis of my struggles with this species are on this thread:

http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....2;st=10

I'd welcome your thoughts!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from the sudden recovery, your storey sounds like my Ping right now, lol.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found Ceph's quite easy to grow. generally I keep them in a greenhouse during the warm months but bring them indoors when the temperature drops. I have a 6"pot which needs re-potting in spring so I may try growing one outside in the garden as well as keeping them in the greenhouse.

I use a 50/50 peat sand mix and in spring/summer I keep my ceph's sitting in water and Autumn/Winter I water them about Once every week or two.
    Paul O'Keeffe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12