What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarr seeds

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
If I pot multiple seeds in each peat "pot" do I have to weed them out or can I grow them as a clump?

Hi, Wesley!! I know some people leave several seedlings in a pot for a year or even 2 before separating them and potting them up. It is mostly a matter of personal likes or dislikes that dictate how you decide to do it. Myself, I put them in the bog garden or pot they will live in and keep distance between them, and let them grow any way they want to. Personal taste is what you will develop as you go along, and handle your plants in that manner. It takes a certain amount of instinct too to raise plants, as they don't read books and sometimes do things you are not ready for. If we could teach'em to read, they would act the way the book tells'em to. At the same time, we have this wonderful forum to ask questions, and formulate our own way of raising our babies. good growing!!

Thanks, and I think I'll let them grow however they want.LOL

I just put the seeds all over the pellot and prey some sprout
smile.gif

It might be worth spreading them out however. In one year you will have pretty bushy little plants and they need all the light they can get. It's better at this stage if they aren't like Japanese train commuters.

About two weeks ago I planted some 50 sarr seeds (after a month a half of wet fridge time) and all but 3 (probably damaged somehow) have sprouted. Sorry but I felt like bragging
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ninja @ Feb. 11 2004,18:36)]About two weeks ago I planted some 50 sarr seeds (after a month a half of wet fridge time) and all but 3 (probably damaged somehow) have sprouted. Sorry but I felt like bragging
laugh.gif
Nice
biggrin.gif
My seed was over 2 years old so I'm not surprised I had around a 1/45 sprout rate.

I hope I can get that many to sprout. I would love to be able to give some away.

Back