Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ceph fever continues.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't mean to distract this thread from what a nice plant it is. I confess that I thought it was Photoshop when I first saw it. But it's obviously a well grown plant. I prefer them green and keep mine that way, but there's something to be said for such a deep red. And, if I saw it at another forum, I would think Photoshop.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, well, well, for the skeptics

[img]http://home.**********.com/agustinfranco/bigceph3.jpg[/img]

The reason why i did not use a ruler the first time around is because i did not think size was an issue. After all, this particular plant is not a giant form, but it is a well grown ceph, i can bet you it is. I used my fingers to give you an idea on how big it was. My mistake was to assume you all knew how big my finger was. Regarding the deep red colour, well i grow them in all the possible kinds of conditions i can think of.

By the way, the plant was broken up into 4, so this is part of what you saw the first time. A plant like that is worthwhile to propagate as much as one can!
    I'll show you a nice green big ceph soon

Gus

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice plant Gus! And I thought your finger looked just fine. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone ever get Ceph pitchers that never open? I'd like to throw in a few fruitflies!

Other than the 3 pitchers that have never opened (after months), the plant is growing really well, with several 1/2 inch to 1 inch tall pitchers. It's growing in a very humid terrarium, positioned about 5 inches from the fluorescent lights (on 17 hours/day) and the pitchers get a nice purplish red color.

If they refuse to open, I just might have to sacrifice them to propagation.....

WildBill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bill:

Do the pitchers that never open are smaller than half inch or as long as 1 inch?

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gus -

They are larger than 1/2 inch, and on different growth points! All the traps smaller than 1/2 inch opened just fine.

I wonder if it's too wet, or maybe not wet enough? I water from the top, around the perimeter of the 5 inch pot ( it drains freely & does not stand in water).

WildBill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen intermediate forms of pitchers (those which look like pitchers, but are not completely formed as such) I do believe these forms of leaves will never become pitchers, thus, they will never open.

As long as you have other pitchers opening, i don't think you should worry about it too much. On the other hand, if your plant only has pitchers that never open, then i don't have the faintest idea!

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

I would like to share these pictures for those who love green cephs!. These photos are not altered in any way. This particular plant is from my personal collection.

[img]http://home.**********.com/agustinfranco/C.%20follicularis1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://home.**********.com/agustinfranco/c.follicularis2.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast