What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know they grow slow

Hi,
I have a small ceph that is growing, but its growing slow. I know that cephalotus follicularis is a slow growing plant, but how long does it take to be noticabally bigger in size (not in number of leaves)?

thanks alot,
droseradude
www.geocities.com/drmingen/IMG_1419.JPG
thats the pic, sorry, geocities doesn't allow pics and such to be posted.

Cephs, especially small ones can grow REALLY slow. For example, one of my tiny cephs is a tissue culture clone. It grew 4 pitchers in one year. Overall, it grew from the size of a dime to the size of a nickel. Then it divided, a few times, but stayed the same size. Its offspring also stayed that size. I may have an odd case because of the tissue culture, but I know in general that this is a "patience" plant. A mod or two got one of my clones, and for one, it grew much faster for her. So it does depend on its conditions, but I have a feeling hers can't possibly be bigger than an inch or two, even after a year with her care.

hmm... mine's about an inch and it is growing, I got it 2/20 so about 2 weeks ago, since then a small leaf has unfolded and a pitcher "fuzzball thing" has already inflated some.

Oh, you will enjoy that. The fuzzball may become a pitcher, or a half "freaky" pitcher. It sounds like your ceph is happy with its conditions and growing.

Back