Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do you like best?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a topic sorta like this in the sundew section, but:
    what do you like best: heliamphora, cephalotus follicularis, or sarracenia?
    I like heliamphora because they have open pitchers, and are found in an exotic location. they look so cool. I like cephs second best, and sarrs third. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Sarrs best. Heliamphoras aren't in the running because of their environmental needs. Cephs are nice and I have some, but they don't match Sarrs. Honestly, I don't think any plant can match a large S. leucophylla at sunset in the fall. Those pitchers glow.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have any heliamphora.
    I will have to say cephalotus follicularis is my favorite out of the 3.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of the Sarracenia, Heliamphora, and Cephalotus that I grow, I enjoy my Sarracenia the most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heliamphora of-course [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    http://Geocities.com/southerntropicals

http://www.geocities.com/southerntro...rewstsmall.jpg
    Welcome to S O U T H E R N T R O P I C A L S the nepenthes and heliamphora garden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me:

I love Cephalotus first, Nepenthes second, and heliamphoras third, so there is no room for sarracenias.

Furthermore, sarracenias are like dandelions:They grow very easy, are easy to find and are very cheap. For some reason, i am attracted to more challenging plants.

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of all the pitcher plants the only ones I have tried so far are Sarracenia's. I would love to try the others but with so few traders in Canada and a small list myself there isn't much chance of me trying Heliamphora, or Cephalotus anytime soon.

The local CP society here just posted on their website that they will not be accepting new members this year but will proceed with their Show and Sale. You can not purchase plants or even attend if you are not a member so that leaves me out.

As for Nepenthes which was not included, I can purchase several more common varieties here but will probably go with a highland cultivar to try first since it will pretty much be able to be grown as a houseplant in winter and left outside during the summer here.

Cheers,
    Sean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tried heliamphora or cephalotus yet. I'm not very interested in heliamphora but I would love to have a ceph.

Anyway... judging by sheer looks I would have to say that sarracenia are my favorite. There are so many color varieties and diversity that anyone could find one they like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast