Thread: Cephalotus ?'s

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone,
    I dont have one yet but would like one. However I am still a little vague on the care. What exactly do they like? Light? Humidity? Temp? Watering? Terrarium yeah or neah? I have read some info but still confused on dry or wet or what?

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of light, medium wet media, high humidity, cool roots, yay for terrarium and whatever you do, don't desturb it once it gets used to a proticular spot unless you apsolutly have to. I don't have one, but they are my fav. so I read all the post on them [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically, under high light condition you will get smaller but more colorful pitchers...lower light, larger pitchers that are mostly green.
    A nice way to do it is to grow the plants in lower light conditions until they get mature at a larger size, and then increase the light to color it up (unless you like the greener coloring).

I can't remember the substrate mine is in...but I know it was fairly well draining. I keep mine moist but not wet and I top-water although I don't water around the crown. Temps in my tank are probably around 70-75 degrees right now but will warm up as the outdoor temps rise.

I'm no expert. A good thing to do is to do a web search and study the location range of cephs and then look up temperature, season and soil conditions for that area of Australia. If you can match how they grow in nature, you should have good success (when you get a plant).

Hope you get a ceph. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Suzanne
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too bad cephalotus.info isn't working. I thought that site was cool.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]