What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICPS S. r. alabamensis

Spring has come to the South, land of sarracenias and the plants from ICPS have begun to wake up. One of the plants is very robust and has three flower buds on it, not bad for a three year old plant. The other plant is not showing yet. Of course the plants will be crossed and the seeds sent to the ICPS seed bank.

be sure to post a photo!
I was one of the last people to get my ICPS plants so I got a bunch of runts! I'm hoping mine will break 3 inches this year!
MAtt

Congrats! Are you going to give them away on this forum as well this fall? *hint hint*
smile.gif

Hopefully, enough of us S. alabamensis growers will get seed so the ICPS seedbank can be well stocked with S. alabamensis seed later this year.  ICPS members can buy packs of seed for $1.  If you visit the site, you'll see the seed list already includes S. jonesii.  So anyone drooling over the prospect of growing the more exotic Sarracenias just needs to join and start saving dollar bills for seeds.

Let's not count our sarracenias before they are hatched. I will see how many seeds I get. From the seeds packets I have recieved from ICPS, I am way to generous with my seeds. We will see.

Cool, It kinda looks like my S.minor does right now.

Very cool!! It is very rare to get a 3 year old plant to flower as their normal maturation is 5 to 7 years. Good thing this baby never read the books, and has given you buds to dote over. Congratulations Brooks!! You are going to be a dad!!

Back