User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Why is it so hard to find...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I have seen many places sell S. Oreophilia but all of them have the stipulation that you must be an Oregon resident. So as an Ohio resident could anyone please PM a place where i could pick one up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since it is protected under the End. Spp. Act, you can not sell the plant across state lines. You can, however, send the plant as a gift. If no one on here has an extra, you could try contacting Dean Cook at *************

He's usually pretty cool with that sort of thing, if he has any extras. You'll probably just have to place an order with him, and he'll include an oreophila free of charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also get S. oreophila at Meadowview Biological Research Station. They have the permits from the federal government to sell the plant. That's where I've gotten the two I have, and they are very robust, beautiful plants.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dean cook is on pft also, his s/n is flytraps2000 here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, this plant is not hard to find...rather the opposite. Since it is so vigorous and also restricted, most dealers have more of them than they know what to do with. A polite request for a gift plant will almost certainly work. I asked one dealer, and was sent 8 plants!
    "Grow More, Share More"