Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I lost my cobra lily

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took my cobra lily home from work and decided to anchor it to the edge of the streamlet running behind our townhouse. you know - cool roots, fresh air, sunshine. All was going well until this persistent rain finally caused the water level of the streamletto rise, causing the gentle flow to become like that of a raging river. My creative set up was gone. I spied the styro box I had it in ~200' downstream - with no sign of the cobra lily. I checked again, after the water level went back down. still no sign of the plant. It is lost. Like the signature about Thomas Edison and finding 10,000 ways of eliminating what doesn't work - I found one, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's too bad. I've lost orchid seedlings in high winds, so can relate. I remember thinking at the time how fortunate the neighborhood was that I'm into plants and not large constricting reptiles. It's one thing to wonder where the plants have gone after their home is upended or washed away. It's quite another to wonder where the anaconda has slithered off to .
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea when pft had this last sale I bought 4 of the Sarrs hybrids and planted them in my big sarrs planter. I reserve this one for hybrids, the big plants in it are 'scarlett belle', 'ladies in waiting' and an alata. One morning I was awaken by the thunder, and lightning(very,very frightning,me Gallilao) associated with heavy rain. I walked outside to see the new plants I planted a couple nights before free floating. I ran out in the torrentual down pour with my trusty cordless drill to drill some holes just below the soil line in the pot. 3 survived, but one looks to have suffered post tramatic stress. It's still planted as I haven't given up on it but my consensus is " She's dead Jim"
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that jim.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went looking again and found the EMPTY 2" pot, near the styro box and the weed pulling too l unsuccessfully used to anchor it. The plant is long gone. I'll just have to wait for Lowes to bring them in again.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a cobra yesterday at lowes as a keepsake as it was from the beach. It was dry, and I forgot to water it, when I got up this morning it was really really wilted.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist