What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora

Hello,

here are a some photos of my plants...

H. tatei var. neblinae (Cerro Neblina)
H_tatei_var_neblinae_13.jpg

H. minor (Chimanta Tepui)
H_minor_ch.jpg

H. tatei var. tatei (Cerro Huachamachari)
H_tatei_var_tatei3.jpg

H. folliculata (Murosipan Tepui)
H_folliculata01.jpg

I hope you like them.

Cheers,
Matthias

Fantastic Matthias! You have the touch with Heliamphora! Do you grow in pure live sphagnum?

Capslock

Great photos
smile.gif
and plants
how tall is your h. minor? and what kind of light does it have?
thanks
Matt

Nice.

I use dead New Zealand sphagnum with a top layer of living sphagnum for most my plants. Some also grow in pure living sphagnum but I noticed no difference at all.

The H. minor 'Chimanta' is about 7cm tall. They all grow under 400W High Pressure Sodium Light.

Thanks,
Matthias

Stunning! That's a nice collection of Heliamphoras! I only have one, and its still making those immature pitchers.

SF

Wow , those are some of the best Heliamphora specimens I've ever seen , keep up the good work
smile.gif

Beauties!  Nice color, shape, everything.  Very healthy.  I only hope I can get mine to look so good.  It's still making immature pitchers (though there's a new one on the way, so hopefully....).

Here's a question for you, since you are apparantly quite good with helis....How do they respond to feeding?

Great pics. Good focus. You have a steady hand.
What kinda' camera you using?

WOW
beutifal, im planning on buying some helis
how old were they when u got them?
they're coming out really nice
biggrin.gif

Stunning! I especialy like the H.tatei you certainaly have the "green touch" with helis!

Thanks for the numerous replies.

@Lauderdale: The camera I use is a CANON IXUS 400.

@schloaty: I never feed my plants because I am afraid of mildew in the pitchers and I have also founded that feeding is not necessary.
I tried fertilization with Osmocote once with no good results.

Cheers,
Matthias

Back