What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parrot pitcher plant?

Im going to have to say DL as well...or one of the Wrigleyana cultivars....its hard to tell as its obviously been grown in sub-par conditions....

Okay... it's an American pitcher plant, in obviously subpar growing conditions...

Seriouisly, I've got wriggleyanna, psitticina, scarlet belle, and a few that have lost their ID tags over the winter. They all look basically alike - the minor overbite, reddish, with spots. I hope to get a camera today and take a bunch of pictures.

Yeah, its understandable that its subpar, i just like pointing out the repeatedly pointed out points rofl. But yeah, my guess would be a variety of Wrigleyana. Since scarlet belle is a var. of Wrig, it could be anything, but im kinda starting to think its not a DL.... Idk. we will see when you get better pics.

Jim -

Definitely S. 'Dixie Lace.' This is WAY too green in the upper pitcher and hood to be S. 'Scarlet Belle.' Plus the hood shape of the few pitchers that have opened doesn't resemble 'Scarlet Belle' either.

This is a textbook-looking S. 'Dixie Lace.' I would send you a link to a picture of one on my web site, but I'm not allowed to do that. E-mail me if you would like the link...

Regards,

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I'll get back to ya next week.

Back