Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cephalotus not growing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a cephalotus? Looks like any ordinary plant to me (Of course its a cephalotus, but without the carnivorous leaves, that's all) Hmmm, its because I've not seen a ceph with so many normal leaves and no carnivorous ones before...well I gues that's just me, maybe HellzDungeon's right. Well that's my best bet anyways...read the book (I don't have one meself but would like to get one! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed that as of late a lot of people say that once their cephs are WARM, they start growing well again. This is contrary to what I've always read about them enjoying intermediate/highland temperatures... Has anyone else noticed this?

~LM
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed that, by those different opinions in growing temps my guess is that cephs survive repotting better in cooler temps, and not in warmer temps when they are growing. They do grow in cool conditions, but grow better in warmer conditions so long as their roots stay cool.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perssonnally, I think you should move your ceph to the windowsill.I grow mine on a east-facing windowsill with a plastic bottle over it.I NEVER let the soil dry out. My ceph is happy at the moment(its been in my care for about 2-3 months, since then it has produced about 5 new pitchers) I use a plastic bottle for humidity, on a cloudy day, I spray the inside of the bottle with deionised water. I have done this since the day I got it.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone else grow theres on a windowsill ? I think its a good idea to move it.
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i moved it to a window sill and it got a small pitcher so far.
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am growing mine on my windowsill. I've only had it about 5 days or so. I had it in my low chamber but have been told to let it cool at night. The leaves have turned yellow overnight, well most but not all and 2 out of 3 pitchers. On the other hand 2 of the pitchers have started to turn red.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

I was reading this thread again and i found out that some of you are getting cephs from different sources. I would like to mention the fact that when a ceph comes in sphagnum moss and it has been previously uprooted, some of the plant will die down when it is repotted (that's the nature of cephs). There is nothing you and I can do to stop that. However, if the plant comes with its original soil, then the chances are that it'll do fine and no leaves will die down right away after repotting.

In Southwestern australia, where the cephs are naturally found, it rains occasionally and the plants get sprinkled everytime. The problem arises, when there is no aeration; thus, mildew or mold grows (in cultivation).

Gus

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast