What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus not growing

Well, then Peter was wrong, although I never read that in his book.

My Cephalotus is growing abundantly and it looks like you got it's own growing chamber. I have never seen a Ceph without pitchers before and it makes even a pretty non-pitchering plant! Just goes to show you, Cephalotus follicularis is just that wonderful. Should have petals for it's flowers though, :-/

I suggest boosting up humidity, and yes, watering your plant more because the top of the plant mix seems to have compressed as mentioned by Spectabilis.

Also, you could throw in some spaghnum moss around the growing chamber of enclosed area and make sure it's damp as it will generate a lot of humidity, so will the occasional misting.

Despite the lack of pitchers, it's still a nice plant.

I just finially read this thread, not sure where I've been.
It seems to me that my cephs have slowed down now that it is warmer. They seemed to grow faster over winter.

mine hasnt grown to well to begin with. it just grew its first pitcher though:p
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Really?! My ceph was in spaghnum, I repoted it, 50% of the soil did fall off
its roots,I put it in its new pot, I put it in peaty compost, I picked up the spaghnum and put that in with the peaty compost. In a day or two, one leaf turned bright yellow, I removed it,and no leaves have turned yellow since.

Does anyone know where I can get a ceph. plant, or a cutting or even seed? If so please PM me. Thanks

Back