What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora pictures

• Thread starter homer
  • Start date
I took some pictures of my 2 Sun Pitcher plants yesterday, and just felt like posting them.

enjoy,

Homer

hminor.jpg

hheterodoxaxminor.jpg

hheterodoxaxminor1.jpg

Awesome pics, Homer.

What are your growing conditions?

nice pictures . what are your growing conditions because i am getting a h.minor soon .

h. minor likes lowland conditions with a little bit of air circulation.

Homer, that's some real nice photography, there! The plants look great, too! I hope I can get my heli's to look that nice....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseradude @ May 27 2004,9:43)]h. minor likes lowland conditions with a little bit of air circulation.
Hang on... There are very few lowland Heliamphora, and usually it is well designated by the seller. Just be careful with your information, don't want to end up killing a plant.
confused.gif

~LM
smilie4.gif

I would not catagorize H. minor as lowland. That does not mean that it is not growing for droseradude like that. I have seen others grow Helis very well sitting in water, which many would not recommend.

Joe

Thanks everyone for your comments!  
smile.gif

eplants02, my plants typically experience temperatures between 68-80F on a daily basis.  They don't sit in water, and are top watered once a week (should be more, but I'm lazy at times).  4x a day they get misted by my humidifier-setup I have going.  

What I'm really suprised by is the nice coloring from only 2x 40w fluorescent light tubes.  I do have mylar backing as well as mylar between the bulbs and light fixture to reflect all the light into the 50 gallon tank.  

-Homer

Back