What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia rubra ssp. alabamensis

Hello all,
Since it has been nearly a year, I thought I would check up on how yours are doing... Please list:
Size upon arrival (at least approx?)
Which clone(s)
did they flower?
how tall are they now?
did you give dormancy?
where are they growing?
What do you feed?
What are they growing in? (media, pot, bog, etc)
Please post pictures if possible, I will later today.

Thanks,
~Lithopsman~
smile.gif

My #3 has started the season by growing ~5"+ pitchers and I cut off the flower bud that had formed. It's too small to be allowed to bloom. It's slightly pubescent.

My #1 looked good at the end of dormancy, started new pitchers, and then seemed to die. After no new pitchers appeared, I removed it from its pot. I didn't see any evidence of insect damage and found ~1/2 of the roots seemed healthy. But the crown didn't have a "lively" look. I repotted it and am hoping for the best.

The plants are both in a mix of LFS and lava rock. They had shared a 15" self watering pot. They live outside, on top of a rail fence, so I never feed them. They spent the winter under a leaf pile with all my other Sarrs.

Back