Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S. leuco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I repotted and divided several of my very large s. leucos, and now after flowering, I cannot get any growth out of them. They are in a mix of peat and sand, outside in direct sun for about 10 hours a day. The pots are always well watered by mother nature, but all I am getting for growth is some very small, skinny non-pitchering shoots. My s. flava is HUGE and that was a division I got in a trade. I have since moved one of the s. leucos inside to see if it is too wet. I know that is hard to believe, but is it possible? I mean these plants put off 36" pitchers last year. any help would uh, help.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After being divided,the stress could have taken its toll on the plants.
    The flowers will probabbly make more stress for the plant,so cut off any new emerging flowers untill healthy,fully developed pitchers come up.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wish I knew what to say, but I've never grown a leuco wish I had though
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just may be talking to myself on this, but here goes. What is happening to you is common. I have waited as long as a month and a half for growth on some plants, but always got the growth. The plant IS stressed, but not to the point that you need to cut blooms or any of that. It is best to hit the plants with Superthrive to promote root growth, and counter act shock. I use it after every potting, and my plants continue growing as though nothing was happening but life. I recommend 4 drops to the gallon of water, and hit them once everyday for the next 3 days to a week. You will get your growth. And a healthier plant!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides shock, just another note, Leucos wont start pitchering heavy untill late fall... It is way too early in the summer to compare it to flava, which is a heavy spring/ early summer pitcherer. Right now the best you can expect are the weak half-pitchers. Be patient, and it will more than pay off!

Cole
    Duele no tenerte cerca, duele no escuchar tu voz. Duele respirar tu ausencia, pero, duele más decirte adiós.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Colieo said, combined with Superthrive, and you are good to go!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, keep in mind not all sarracenia pitcher at full steam at the same time. We kinda forget and think "Oh its spring...here come the pitchers!" when in reality some do best in the later summer or early fall.

I need to bear that in mind myself as I grunt at the ones I have that haven't produced much. My flavas and oreo are doing the best so far.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My S. leucophylla make only about 3 pitchers per year. One in the spring and then 2 or three BEAUTIES in the fall. That's the way it goes with my plant. There are different clones , and I am now trying some. I hope to get more pitchers.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast