What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few heliamphora photos

Hi
Here are a few of my Heliamphora.

H.nutans%20mature.jpg

My tallest H. nutans pitcher so far

H.%20tatei%20var.%20tatei.jpg

My new H. tatei var.tatei

H.%20minor.jpg

My H. minor

H.%20heterodoxa.jpg

And my H. heterodoxa

cheers

bill

WOOT
i wish i had the conditions for growing helis....
they are stunning
keep doing what ur doing,
Hellz

cool plants!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
How long did it take for your heteradoxa to make mature pitcher? (if it came with immature leaf) thanks
droseradude

You have gorgeous plants! The H. minor and H. heterodoxa are my fave. I bet if you mix them up you'll have a plant to beautiful for words to describe.

Thanx for the pics.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseradude @ June 05 2004,7:36)]cool plants!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
How long did it take for your heteradoxa to make mature pitcher? (if it came with immature leaf) thanks
droseradude
Thanks for all your comments!

The heteradoxa took about 2 years to produce mature pitchers. It was a tiny plant when I first got it.

cheers

bill

where can I find those in southern california?? how much did you pay for them

asking how much things cost is kind of rude in my opinion, kendogg. why dont you go to LACPS meetings? or just order online.

by the way, kendogg, dont buy something unless you can provide the proper care for it. before you try something like a heli, why dont you research, research, and when your done with that,research some more
laugh.gif
heli's aren't nearly as easy to grow as flytraps and pitcher plants

Well, it may just be a coincidence, but I have a e-buddy in Liverpool, and he can grow Helis out his butt(he once propagated his H. nutans to 200 plants)! I think he grows most in the basement, but the UK's climate seems to be pretty good for growing these plants. Is that accurate Bill, or are you just a Green God?
smilie4.gif

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ June 24 2004,1:19)]Well, it may just be a coincidence, but I have a e-buddy in Liverpool, and he can grow Helis out his butt(he once propagated his H. nutans to 200 plants)! I think he grows most in the basement, but the UK's climate seems to be pretty good for growing these plants. Is that accurate Bill, or are you just a Green God?    
smilie4.gif

Cheers,

Joe
I have been growing Heli for about 15 years now Joe, and have found them very robust plants
smile.gif

I keep mine in my Highland Neps house, but also put some in my Sarracenia house during the summer.
Even when rootless they seem to develop after I split a plant up, though it can take quite some time before you get mature pitchers. I love them!!

cheers

bill

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kendogg @ June 23 2004,11:32)]where can I find those in southern california??  how much did you pay for them
I am in the UK, but am sure you can find them in SC
smile_m_32.gif

Over here the prices have come down over the years. My first nutans cost the equivalent of $55! Now it costs $20 or less..

cheers

bill

Nice! I espescialy like the H. minor.
Thanks for sharing!

Back