Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Do alot of people grow cephs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I wouldn't be growing my heli on the windowsill... -_-'
    I'll be growing it in a terrarium in my basement so things stay cool. I'll probably end up growing a ceph with it.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm with Nick, I have a ceph but it can only be grown by me in a plastic baggie....
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My heliamphora grew on a windowsill just fine...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cephalotus that I have grown for over a year now does well with humidity from 40%-60%. I have it in a 50 gallon aquarium turned on it side with 4 40watt florescent lights overhead. I am planning on moving it to a garden window next year, since it does just fine with out higher humidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Many months ago I bought two pots of multiple crowned cephs. They are still my most expensive CP purchase. When I first got them, one pot had a single mature pitcher. It was beautiful and it lasted a long time. Now the pots are mostly full of leaves with only a few tiny pitchers here and there. I have them growing in my kitchen windowsill. I would like to put them into a terrarium I'm setting up soon, but since I've read many times in this forum that changing a cephs growing conditions is a bad thing so I might just try one pot. I'm not really happy with the way my plants look on the windowsill so hopefully my plants will do better in a terrarium.

IMO, cephs are fairly easy to keep alive, it's harder to keep them healthy looking. I'd say Mexican Pings are the most likely CP to thrive in cultivation followed by Sundews. I've had bad luck with Bladderworts and VFT, which is weird and sad. I have not tried to grow Sarracenias, Heliamphoras, or Darlingtonias yet, but they do have the prettiest scientific names in CPdom.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ceph is on a windowsill with white paper in front of it. This is to prevent the pitchers going small and red. It has a plastic bottle over it to maintain humidity, I spray the inside of the bottle every day. Its growing rapidly, quite unusual for a ceph.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to have more discussions on Ceph...if I had one [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Ceph are not as easy to obtain as other CP's and a lot more expensive...relatively speaking [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since my birthday is coming up [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] i bought a ceph from cooks as a treat for myself since i usally don't buy such expensive plants. I hope it does good.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast