What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus Pictures!

Well, since some people seem to think that there aren't enough pictures of Cephalotus, I'm posting some of my 'Hummer's Giant'. Please don't start a dispute about Cultivar vs. Variety etc, I just typed it like it was labeled...

I just took these, and didn't set up the tripod, so they may be a bit blurry...

The plant from above, looking a bit scraggly from UPS beat-up recently.
ceph%20above.jpg

Comparison of second biggest pitcher to quarter

ceph%20and%20quarter%201.jpg

To ruler (which reads 1 3/4 inches!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
)

ceph%20by%20ruler.jpg

The cuttings that I took to attempt at windowsill Ceph growing:

cephalotus%20cuttings%20reduced%20and%20cropped.jpg

The biggest pitcher is about 2 1/4", but none of the pictures turned out.
confused.gif
I hope you like them!
smile.gif

ill take a pic of mine, too! That pitcher of mine that inflated for 6 months finally opened over the weekend!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

BUMP again, can a mod please change the Title to just "Cephalotus Pics"? I think only a couple of people got the meaning of this title...
smile_m_32.gif
confused.gif

Here's some Ceph Pics from the New England Carnivorous Plant Society (www.NECPS.org) Photo gallery:

20030801-CP-Cephalotus%20follicularis-CloseUp-WBM.jpg

20030801-CP-Cephalotus%20follicularis-WBM.jpg

20010330-CP-Cephalotus-Hummers%20Giant%20-%202-JMatteson.jpg

20020630-CP-Cephalotus-JMatteson.jpg

2003101111-NECPS-CP-show-Cephalotus%20terrarium-Lower%20right%20Hummer%27s%20Giant-JMatteson.jpg

20031029-CP-Cephalotus%20%27Hummer%27s%20Giant%27-side.jpg

20040121-IAP-NECPS-CP-Cephalotus-Photo-Tom%20O%27Reilly.jpg

20040121-IAP-NECPS-CP-Cephalotus%20%27Hummer%27s%20Giant%27-Photo-Tom%20O%27Reilly.jpg

20031213-NECPS-Wild%20Bill%27s%20Cephalotus%20ornament-auction%20table.jpg

WOOT!!!
all these pics inspire me to grow more cephs
biggrin.gif

i especially like that ornament, can i get one of those?
if so, where and how much?!
smile_n_32.gif

Lol. That ornament is awesome.

Topic title edited as requested.

Small photo of a singe German Giant. This pitcher was only about 1/2 tall when taken.

cep_folGiantUrnFrontYoung.jpg

Now, it looks like we are having fun here.

Lithopsman:

Could you please post a picture of the largest pitcher you have from the hummer's giant?. I would like to compare it with a couple of pictures i have stored. Thanks

Gus

If I remember correctly, that ornament was hand-made by WildBill. Its fantastic! I think it was a raffle prize or something?

Reeeally nicely done.
biggrin.gif

Thanks -

Yes, that ornament was a one of a kind. It's now in the collection of Dave, the NECPS treasurer.

I haven't seen it on ebay yet - just kidding, Dave.

WildBill

All I needed was a topic title name change! It went from 3 posts to 2 pages overnight!

Gus: I'll work on the photo of the largest pitcher. Since I have had the Cephalotus in my care, it has been producing several new pitcher buds, so I may wait a little while to see whether or not I get a bigger pitcher soon... In the mean time, I'll gladly go work on taking a picture of the pitcher. I have been having a slow time uploading pictures as of late, so don't hold your breath, we'd miss you too much!
smile_n_32.gif

If I left out a reply to anyone, let me know!
smile.gif

Ok Gus, I looked through my pictures that I had taken a couple of days ago, and with some cropping, I found a decent photo of the biggest pitcher next to an American quarter for comparison:

biggest%20ceph%20pitcher.jpg

Enjoy!

~Lithopsman~
smile.gif

What is the size of a reg. ceph compared to your hummer's giant?
confused.gif

I think there are a few "special" regular cephs nearly as big as mine, though on average, they'rea about 1/4-1/2 the size...

Does anyone else want to post a pic of their regular next to a quarter?

Thanks,
~Lithopsman~
smile.gif

My largest pitcher is 4cm tall.

Try this one from a friend and cp colleague Paul Edwards

giantcephpe03.jpg

Gus

Here is the red one:

Gus
bigceph4.jpg

not big enough, but nice anyway

Gus