What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am planning another big seed giveaway, like I did last fall. Here are the crosses I did for this year. Look for the seed giveaway around October....

Female plant listed first:
purpurea x flava ornata - selfed
flava var. flava x (purpurea x flava ornata)
[(oreophila x purpurea) x leucophylla] x flava
(flava x catesbaei) x 'Mardi Gras'
[(oreophila x purpurea) x leucophylla] x 'Mardi Gras'
(leucophylla x moorei) x catesbaei
flava rugelli x popei
flava rugelli x moorei
alata x (rubra gulfensis x mitchelliana)
oreophila x 'Ladies In Waiting'
flava rugelli x 'Ladies In Waiting'
leucophylla x rubra jonesii antho-free - selfed
[(rubra x oreophila) x (oreophila x flava)] x oreophila
[(oreophila x flava) x leucophylla] x oreophila
'Scarlett Belle' x 'Hummer's Hammerhead'
(leucophylla x wrigleyana) x 'Hummer's Hammerhead'
'Night Sky' x (leucophylla x umlauftiana)
(psittacina x swaniana) x alata
rubra gulfensis "red" x (leucophylla x oreophila)
'Hummer's Hammerhead' x (leucophylla x oreophila)
(minor x rubra rubra) x 'Hummer's Hammerhead'
excellens x [(rubra x oreophila) x purpurea]
'Bug Pipes' x psittacina

List is subject to change, and there were also a lot of flowers I did nothing with, so we'll see if the bumblebees made any of their own. Also, the last two crosses on the list are anticipatory at this time. The flowers have yet to open.

I await the moment with keen anticipation and a lot of drool. Nice work! You have some very interesting ideas percolating there!

I second that, Tamlin! I'm drooling enough to water all my plants....

wait ur giving away them seeds for free? how? UPS? or wat not, give me info im interested

aznsushi-he'll send them out for free with a sase, or just send them out with his own postage.

how do u kno if im geting any?
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AzNsUShi41 @ July 01 2004,11:31)]how do u kno if im geting any?
smile.gif
you just do
smile_m_32.gif

Put me on the list!! I lost all the seed I got from you last year (sorry!) Actually I lost about 100-200 dollars worth of seed... I asked the landlady if I could go back in to get it the day after the lease was up but she wouldn't hear any of it!
mad.gif

You have any Non crossed seed available? Or otherwise "Natural" hybrids?(leucophylla x purpurea for example)

I should have plenty of "natural" hybrid seed available. I left many flowers alone, to see what the bumble bees do. Since they're "natural", you'll only know the mom. You may never know what the dad was.

By natural I meant a hybrid that occurs in the wild.

Do you have any pure leucophylla seed?

The SECPS would be interested! We're trying to establish a seed bank now!

I have no pure spp. seed. Personally, I am much more interested in hybrids at this time. I have all the species and am too impatient to grow more from seed.

Oooh... You have s. x 'Bug Pipes'! I love that one! Where did you get it? I can't find it anywhere!!

Anyway...

How generous. Thanks you very much for sharing these, I'll definitely want some! :p

I got it from David Crump, in Charlotte, NC. I was in the city for a couple of days and stopped by his place. While there, I also got 'Flies Demise' and 'Case's Resolve' and an unknown.

Yeah, I just got a huge bug pipes from him as well. Awesome guy, he gave it to me free!

I would love any leuco anything thats leftover.

Thanks for the heads up
Joe

Hi would send some seeds to Canada
If so count me in

I have never seen such generous people as the ones that I have met here. Let me know when you plan on distributing the seeds, I would be interested. Thanks again!

I think my two catesbaei flowers just aborted themselves.

Back