Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sarracenia x moorei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]What is the formal difference between x. moorei and x mooreana? They seem to be used interchangeably on some websites.
    Since there is some confusion about the name S. x mooreana, it would help if websites identified the parents.

The ICPS Database shows S. x mooreana as a non-legitimate name: ~S. x mooreana {auct. non Hort.Veitch: Hort.Westphal} is [leucophylla x oreophila]; whereas ~S. x mooreana {Hort.Veitch}]sphalm.typogr. is a synonym for S. x moorei (Hort.Moore ex Mast.) which is [flava x leucophylla].

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That clone only exists - as far as I know - in my greenhouse and in the polytunnels of the guy who made the cross here in the UK. I picked it out and asked for a division last summer. I will be going a-visiting again soon as I also saw some rather incredible x excellens examples he had produced.
    Rob Howe.

Homepage
    http://www.ukorchidforum.com
    CP growlist

Seeking: Drosera hilaris (seed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, right, that's a shame, right? Once again I'm in the wrong country! Blimey! Anuvver wish for me steady diet of wish sandwiches. I spose then that I will bever 'ave a go wiv this beauty, but then again yer never know wot tomorrow will brin'! Blimey!

http://rinkworks.com/dialect/dialectt.cgi
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S x Moorei is rare? I wouldn't think so...not complicated, jest 2 common species-Drats! They looks awful nice.

I should have NEVER toured Galleria Carnivora. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

moorei are not rare, and usually can be found in any stand that has both flava and leucos.
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They may not be rare, but they are uncommonly beautiful. In the case of Rob's plant, it is rare if you consider the differences that different population clones can produce! "Leah Wilkerson" is another example of rare beauty as well. Although the natural hybrid often occurs, tinkering with the flowers obviously produces varrying results, part of the endless delights this genus offers. By taking members from different populations that may not be sympatric, surprises may be had.

Ain't sex grand?
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, here you go. My one (lousy) pic of my moreii. It still small, as you can see, so it was a little tough to get it into focus. Darn camera kept focusing on the background....As well it's a video camera...yeah yeah, excuses excuses...
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/schloaty/moreii.jpg[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234