User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: S. flava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my s. flava is just a slow growing plant. I have several different kinds, but they all seem to be on the slow growing side. It doesn't matter if it is s. flava typica, veined, regular, copperhead, they all grow slowly. anywho, just wondered if it was just me or not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some plants just seem to grow faster for different people. All of my flavas have been growing like crazy with the exception of the atropurpura...... The rugelli seems to have slowed down but my coppertops are growing quite well. Flavas seem to be (for me) more late spring/early summer growers and usually slow down as the summer grows by - just in time for the leuco's to take off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I agree with PDX. mcrwt644, what are the growing conditions you provide for your flava's?

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flavas are fast growing plants for me, albeit between April and June with a couple more pitchers after that. It's about now that new pitcher production is slowing a lot.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    conditions are about eight hours direct sun, peat sand and rain water. Now that I think about it...I got these plants as divisions about two months ago...certainly could be what is going on. They just seem to be slower then most of my other cps. I am in n. va. There is nothing wrong per say with them, they are just a bit pokey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the plants were divided not too long ago they probably won't do a whole lot this year. I just received a few huge flavas that were divided in the last month and they are just now settling in and starting about one new pitcher per plant. Next year they should be great. One of them had a pitcher I measured at 41 inches!!

I think late division sets them back a bit.