What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brown darlingtonia

I just got some plants at a local nursery for really cheap because of their condition. The worst was a Darlingtonia that looks completely brown. I thought I would try it since other people here seem to have had success.

What color are Darlingtonia roots supposed to be? From what I've read, they should not be kept in water trays like Sarracenia. Is this true?

Thanks,
Ben

darlingtonia.jpg

wow, that's in a really sad state.

i've brought them back from the grave before, but mine didn't look THAT bad..

i'd cut off EVERYTHING that is brown except roots. i'd plant it and then i'd keep it cool. they are supposed to be on the tray system (you don't have to of course as long as you keep it watered) and they are supposed to stay cool, especially the roots.

I agree its in very bad condition, but hey, I believe in miracles. I will put it in a tray of water since it sounds like that is acceptable.

Do you know what color the roots are supposed to be normally?

Thanks,
Ben

brown/black with white tips.

i think ?

keep the water really cool, whenever i have a darlingtonia i always go out once in the morning once at night, and once in the middle of the day and put ice cubes on their soil, if it comes back post pics it looks like it'll be really big

Back