What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first

Hey guys, I just recieved my plant from PDX (Great trader) And it has a little oreopilla in it it is a very handsome plant and I'm guessing the oreophila added to most of that, anyway this is my first experience with a oreo and i must say i will be looking forward to the next

Kirk,

Glad you liked the plant - it's a nice one. Good luck with it and I hope it does well for you.

Oreos are starting to look a little past their best at the moment, but come next spring you'll be glad you have one as they are usually the first to wake up.

I'm not sure why but my pure Oreo. is still throwing up new pitchers here in Oregon. It still looks great.

Alvin, I have to disagree....I just noticed the FIRST GROWTH OF THE SEASON on my oreo. Yes, you read right. The very first growth, pitcher or phyllodia, at the end of July. I was beginning to wonder...???

My oreos are now putting on their phyllodia.  The pitchers are browning, spotting, collapsing...very tragic seeming, but yes, the early highlighter-green in the spring is a welcome site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You have one confused plant!

True! My S. alata is even more confused, as it hasn't started to grow yet....Even longer than the oreo waited! It's still alive, the ryzome is greenish and alive-looking...don't know what gives....cool summer maybe?

whoa! you guys have some confused plants! my new oreopylla is now having the pitchers face upward in stead of flopping over like they used to, I cant wait till spring when it flowers

My oreo is feeling the effects of that "dog days of summer". Looks rather ratty, but a wondeful display of phyllodia swords are up!
smile.gif

Update:
First pitcher of the season is getting quite large, and about ready to open! Very happy that thing isn't dead, I must say. The same thing can be said for my alata. I have no idea why they behaved this way. I just hope there's enough growing season left for them to recharge their rhysomes with energy for the long winter's nap coming up...

Back