Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flava photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, you guys will all that sun are so lucky! My sars are pathetic next to those (though the leucos are STARTING to look nice).

Those are some great plants (nice pics, too).
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I echo Brooks' sentiments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are those flava and purpurea in the same pot? If so, they are growing great for sucn a shallow pot! Actually, that is a really nifty-looking pot!

Joe

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ach! I LOVE flavas! What beauties. That's a gorgeous pot o' flava!

Homer...yours look great too.

Great job of growing, guys. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the plants in the second photo from the same seed pod? I assume it's a flava var. flava x rubricorpora? Incredible to see how the gentics have worked - some all green, some all red and plenty in between.
    I have a batch of harperi x flava 'Burgundy' seedlings and some are totally green and some are almost all red.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imduff,
    That pot seems awfully crowded to me. I think those plants need to be thinned.(wink, wink) I can take the extras that you don't have room for like....ALL the red ones! Just trying to help a fella out ya know.
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

All of the plants are pure flavas, all from the same seedpod. As I've mentioned, I collected the seedpod from a site in North Carolina. The parent plant was a nice 'atropurpurea,' according to Schnell's descriptions. I've germinated other seedpods from similar looking flavas but, never got reds like some of these shown.
    Schnell's flava taxonomy is an excellent representation of this species but, it's not inclusive. There are many variations in the field that don't fit into his descriptions. Calling them intragrades may be too simplified. As this pod has demonstrated, one variety can yield many other varieties; 'atropurpurea,' 'cupria,' 'ornata' in this case.

I'll see if I can dig up some more photos.
    imduff

You're right on the money Brooks. I hate uprooting plants this time of year with all our heat. Although, I do plan to exchange plants with other growers. A couple of the divisions from the reds have even been committed.
    imduff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast