User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pitcher plant id

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I got these two Sarracenias the other day, and am just wondering what kind they are. The just said Sarracenia on the package. These are my first pitcher plants ever! I hope they do well. Is this picture enough for an ID? Thanks!

- Joel
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one in front is a S.x wrigleyana(SP?)(leucophylla x psittacina) I`m 100% sure of that. Don`t know what the rear plant is but I`m leaning toward rubra x psittacina.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say they're both S. leucophylla x psittacina. They need light! The tall, wiry pitchers are due to a lack of sunny conditions.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ptfreelander @ Aug. 09 2004,9:08)]I'd say they're both S. leucophylla x psittacina. They need light! The tall, wiry pitchers are due to a lack of sunny conditions.
    I have them in our bay window now. This is the first day they have been out of the store....I figured I would adjust them slowly to the sunny conditions. Thanks!
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.