Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allaire state park in new jersey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am going to allaire next weekend i know there are sundews and sarracenia there but i do not know the laws about collecting plants or seed. its not like im gonna whipe the whole area of plants i would take like 1 or 2 plants i just wanted to know if anyone knows about laws for new jersey.

thanks

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no no no no no. don't even think about it. theres no reason to take anything except pictures (PICtures, not PITchers). we already have enough problems with poachers and we don't need someone else to worry about.

don't even think about it. if you want plants you can buy or trade for them like the rest of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry i was just wondering what the laws were i planned on taking pictures rather then plants.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The laws are the same everywhere. No collecting of wild material for any reason or purpose. IF and WHEN a plant needs rescue, there are special groups who do this. Not only could it hurt the environment but major fines can and usually will be imposed upon you and you still will not get to keep the plants.
    I understand most people think 1 or 2 plants will not hurt but the truth is that almost everyone thinks this. Therefore if 3,000 people collect 1 or 2 plants each...........that is an entire micro-ecosystem that has been wiped out.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know what you mean and i read in savage garden about 50,000 fines in carolina and i was not sure whether or not the laws were the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An individual can't collect anything in a state/national park. That's the purpose in making an area a park...
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree that it's not legal to collect from a park(w/o permission of course), but otherwise, it is not illegal to collect, unless the plants are protected. Unless somebody knows a law that I don't.
    Now the majority of the cp community frowns on collection, but I think the general rule of thumb by the ICPS is one seed pod out of each 50 present(don't know about that for sure , and I can't look it up). I do not think it condones collection of plants, unless as stated above, where they are going to get plowed.

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about pollen? Is it illegal to collect it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast