What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snapped a few photos that I'd like to share. Enjoy.
imduff

groupmoor.jpg

redmoor.jpg

redleuco.jpg

Imduff - great photos! That red leuco looks like a great plant and the moorei clump is quite impressive.

I was able to get a few shots between rain showers here today. A (purp x leuco) x flava red tube and a couple leuco's.

lpfa.jpg

3leuc.jpg

fleuc.jpg

Here's a couple of cultivars. 'Boob Tube' by Dr.Mellichamp and 'Okee Classic' by John Hummer.
imduff

boobtube.jpg

classic.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PDX @ Sep. 18 2004,9:27)]I was able to get a few shots between rain showers here today.
Your plants are so healthy and beautiful. We got slammed in the Philadelphia area with rain all day. Hope the hurricanes give it up before my Bermuda trip.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ Sep. 18 2004,10:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PDX @ Sep. 18 2004,9:27)]I was able to get a few shots between rain showers here today.
Your plants are so healthy and beautiful.  We got slammed in the Philadelphia area with rain all day.  Hope the hurricanes give it up before my Bermuda trip.  
smile.gif
Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. Sometimes you may need to move a plant away from their "less pretty" cousins for a photo
smile_m_32.gif

Fall seemed to arrive here in Oregon at the flick of a switch. 55 degrees and rainy all day. September is usually much more pleasant.

Here are a few more from the bogs.

A few fall pitchers on 'Leah Wilkerson'
lwfall.jpg

"Leah's Child" ('LW' x Leuco)
leah'schild.jpg

a moorei
moorei500.jpg

rubra ssp. alabamensis
alabam.jpg

and a Giant Alata
giantalata.jpg

'Leah's Child' and that moorei are fantastic!

My leuco pitchers are only about 2" at the moment.

Thanks Alvin and Kirk!

"Leah's Child" is a complex cross of "Leah Wilkerson' X leucophylla that occured naturally in the bog. The orginal plant was on the down hill side of the genet of the orginal 'Leah Wilkerson' plant. It has the strange habit of putting out smaller pitchers in the spring that look totally different and then putting out these huge fall pitchers. Some of these are 3" to 4' across.

Brooks,

More great photos! That giant alata is very nice.

Must....get....sarrs...*twitches*

These plants are really cool. The most annoying thing about cultivars(especially when they are officially registered and shown off in CPN), is that sometimes they never get propagated enough. Of course, that is easy to understand when you have one original plant to propagate from.
I asked Peter D'Amato about the ones from years ago and he kind of laughed when I asked if those were ever available....
smile_h_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe

Joe,
I TOTALLY agree. When you are addicted and obsessed like I am and I WANT, I WANT it makes it very hard. If the cultivar is not a favorable one or is not shared among a number of growers it is possible to loose the plant.(This is a very good reason to be generous and share) Before I registered 'Leah Wilkerson', (the paper work has been sent to the ICPS. I am just waiting for publication) I sent plants to a TC lab to be cultured. The lab has informend me that they have ex plants. I am assuming that means that they were sucessful so now it is up to me to get it into production. In the case of this cultivar, it looks like there will be plenty, available to everyone and at a reasonable price. It may take a few years to get production up though.

Hi Brooks,
Stunning pictures.. I would really like to visit your collection when I am in Atlanta next year.

Dear Mr. King,
I think that might be permissable but you will have to bring an offering to the Sarracenia gods! PLANTS! MORE PLANTS!

Hi Brooks,
You can call me Mike ;) Of course you will get only the best plants!

Some of my plants that were outdoors and did good while I was away S.purpurea ssp.venosa from lowes
S.purpurea_ssp.venosa_lowes_8_28_04.JPG
S.minor long county Georgia
S.minor_long_county_georgia_8_28_04.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back