What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would guess the first plant is minor x alata.
the last plant looks a lot like a leuco x oreo I have.

I wish these guys would grow in trays in Nebraska, but they don't seem to like the 50% humidity and the high winds....
I would love to start collecting these.

Cheers,

Joe

This is probably it for the year:

The first two are S. x 'Flair':

flair.jpg

flair2small.jpg

S. rubra ssp. rubra:

rubrarubra.jpg

An amorous 'Case's Resolve':

casesresolve.jpg

Unknown H-8, from BobZ:

unknownh.jpg

Lastly, an orchid, I think, that just popped up out of nowhere.  I think it's a Ladies Tresses.  Anyone know for sure?:

ladiestresses.jpg

Nice plants Sarracenia. I really like the Case's Resolve.

I would guess that second plant to be a (leuco x flava)

Here's a couple more. My largest alabamensis making a late season charge and a mighty curvy Texas alata.

ala104.jpg

ta105.jpg

After a VERY fruitful trip to NC and several CPs nurseries, I have some really exciting new plants and I wanted to share some of them.

'Bog Witch'
'bogwitch'.jpg

I was able to get a good number of Dr. Mellichamp's hybrids and some of his cast offs. Here is 'Love Bug'
lovebug.jpg

Sorry for the multiple postings. I am using a new system to post the pics. This is a cast off if you can believe it. S x courtii I think.

red.jpg

K,
Fun yes, poverty inducing absolutely! This 'hobby' is truely an obsession. I visited S&G in State Road, NC and Carolina Carnivores, Charlotte as well as Dr. Mellichamp himself at UNCCharlotte.

I was told I was not posting enough by a certain someone. Here are some more for the group's enjoyment.

A very interesting catsbaei cross, I think with alata. Any guesses?

killercats.jpg

an interesting minor cross.

pointytoes.jpg

an a very interesting complex cross

nnn.jpg

Mr. S.O.,

Looks like you did quite well on your shopping expedition. I like the looks of that minor cross - it looks nice with the drosera in it. Although it looks like it could use some dividing - it's getting a bit cramped in that pot
smile.gif

Hey, Brooks, that is a great catesbaei cross. I'd agree, it's with alata.

I've enjoyed following this thread for the last month, and catching a glimpse of other's collections. Hopefully, others aren't tiring of these postings. In the foreground of the first image is an early season photo of the self-named Charles Brewer hybrid, 'Chas' Brew.' Second, are a few late season pitchers from a red leuco.
imduff

chas.jpg

3leuco.jpg

I'd like to thank everyone who posted photos in this thread - it has been great seeing other peoples plants.

Here's a couple more, a Rubra ssp. Gulfensis from Yellow River Florida that I purchased in the charity auction and my Boob Tube starting to color up.

yrf105.jpg

bt105.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back