What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for leucos and leuco hybrids, most of my Sarracenia don't look very nice. The first is a leuco x purp that has peaked in the 3"-4" range in the 4 years I've grown it. It's form and color has always caught my eye.
The second photo is of a pot of hybrids that I created 3 years ago. When John Hummer saw these plants, he couldn't leave without a division.

PDX, it's nice to see the Boob Tube I sent you is doing well. I think you'll enjoy growing it.
imduff

leucopurp.jpg

stefhybrid.jpg

I am certainlly not tiring of this thread. I rather enjoy it and I LOVE mitchs and that is alovely one Imduff. I was even thinking about decitating a certian number of cross this year to mitchs. Keep the photos coming!

Well Obsessed, how could I say, "no." Although, it is getting lonely out here.

The first is, you guessed it, more leucos. Followed by another Charles Brewer hybrid. Not sure about the parents in that one. Finally, a moorei cross of my own holding up a leuco hybrid.
imduff

moreleuco.jpg

charleshyb.jpg

stefanmoorei.jpg

Hey Brooks,

That's cool you picked up a Bog Witch. I wanted to get one of those when I was at Crump's about a year ago, but had already depleted my $$ on other plants. Incidentally, the 'Case's Resolve' I posted earlier is a cross between 'Bog Witch' and S. minor.

Here are two more of my purchases. They are not very impressive at this point but interesting. I think the red purp will make for some nice breeding stock.

a psitt x minor?

pxm.JPG

a red purp

redpurp.JPG

Sarracenia,
I wish David had taken credit cards. I would have brought home a lot more. His plants were impressive. His 'Bog Witch' was a stunning plant, that is why I got one. Most of what I wanted was not for sale or he did not have a divison available. I still managed to bring quite a few good ones home. I did learn the 'Case's Resolve' and 'Flies Demise' were switched in TC and the plant names are reversed.

The fall colors of the little mentioned hybrid from Botanique, "Red Sparkler." I don't recall the exact cross but, recall leuco and jonesii are in the mix. Almost looks like a 'Ladies-in-Waiting.'
imduff

rsparkler.jpg

Those leucophyllas are fantastic!

I see there aren't any seed pods. Do you find less pitchers are produced when you get more flowers? Mike K posted the other day that flowering can hamper leucos and mooreis: with two identical clones, the one that flowered performed less well.

I'm asking people's opinion on this really because my biggest leuco has had a torrid time this year after growing four flowers. It's autumn pitchers have curled backwards and look like they are turning into phyllodia and its spring pitchers weren't up to much either
smile_h_32.gif

Here are a few more:

an anthro free leuco

leuocanthrofree.jpg

an anthro free rubra with white flowers

ccrubra.jpg

and a close up of one of my favorite leucos "Pouty Lips"

poutylips.jpg

Alvin,

The plants in the leuco photo have already had the seeds harvested. Although, it seems to be true that flowering takes away from a plant's pitchering. I've seen signs of this at home and in the field.
imduff

Wow Imduff & Brooks
smile_k_ani_32.gif
You don't follow the thread for a day and then bam! Time to buy more plants! Here's a few more from this morning. A nicely colored rubra gulfensis, a minor with good coloring and an alata x leuco cross. This one is a bit different than my other alata x leuco's in that red seems to be the prevelant color as opposed to white.

rg1010.jpg

mi1010.jpg

al1010.jpg

That gulfensis is very nicely colored Pdx! That alata x leuco coloration looks alot looks alot like a flava,but it`s pitcher shape like an alata, I like it:)

Limduff. That mitcheliana is very nice! The hybrid is also nice do you know what the parentage is? Looks like alot of leucophylla with a bit of purpurea to me.Ohh and those leucos are stunning! I love the white colors! That moorei cross is very nice too! Your plants seem to have very high anthocyanin levels do you use tanin? That 'red sparkler' is also very nice:)

Brooks,I realy like that anto free rubra! That "pouty lips" is ASDTONISHING!!!!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
. I love the red lipscontrasting with the white and green ,and the way it curls down on the front.Is this a registered cultivar? If so I sincerely hope you make it one! It surely is worth it,this is the prettiest leuco I think I have ever seen. Where did it come form?

Here's a couple for the "can't wait til next year" batch. My favorite flava, I really like how the pitcher is shaped and a forest of leucophylla Titans.

f1010.jpg

lt1010.jpg

Very nice flava,it has such a big mouth and then rapidly constricts to a very thin tube! Very interesting. Nice forest of 'titans' I hope mine looks like that one day! Currentley all it has is 1\2(Yeah I snapped the top off :oops:)of a pitcher as all the pitchers died from shipping shock,hopefully it will recover.

Pond,
Thanks for your comments. The leuco hybrid is a cross with Boob Tube. It's interesting to see the diversity of the plants that came from that seedpod. I don't use tannins but, my plants get full sunlight pretty much from sunrise to sunset.
imduff

hey guys, great photos to all, I've heard there's a Leuc. Hurricane creek photo coming from the wonderfull PDX, so just keep waiting
smile_m_32.gif

cool.gif
Great pics of great plants guys! My plants are already on the decline into dormancy and the pitchers I have left are to ratty looking to bother photographing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back