What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is probably about it for the season. Things are starting to look not so good. Here's some random shots from this morning - a past it's prime flava ornata, an alata with a great lid and a pair of leuco's starting to fade..... C'mon spring
smile.gif

for.jpg

lta.jpg

lsl.jpg

Yes,pdx that alta is very nice! So is the leuco:)

Hi all,

I had a couple pm's about the leuco photo. It is two different plants growing next to each other. The one on the left is a Tarnok while the one on the right is a "plain" leuco.
smile.gif

Gosh, I am speechless regarding the assortment and quality of photos I have seen. I have to say the 'Leah Wilkerson' sarrs are awesome but my gosh, there were so many incredibly breathtaking images that I am overwhelmed.  

Hello sarracenia, regarding the image on p33.  That is most certainly Spiranthes. My guess is that it is actually Nodding Ladies Tresses though.  The image was actually a little too close for me to get a good look at the coiling.  See if S. cernua is a match. Lucky you for getting that to pop up as it did.  

I have a few requests-

To sarraceniaobsession, PDX, and sarracenia... may I please upload your horizontal images to use as desktop wall paper on my personal computer?

To BobZ, JBL, imduff, Noah, and adnedam... may I please e-mail some of your photos to a friend whom I believe would really enjoy seeing them?  I will credit your user names and include a link to this thread.  Maybe he'll even join here.  That would be nice.

Here is mine (hope they arn't too big, first time trying to post pictures ;))

My prized plant has to be my S. x excellens
HPIM0029b.jpg

HPIM0157b.jpg

Light%20Windowsb.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Oct. 25 2004,10:09)] 

To sarraceniaobsession, PDX, and sarracenia... may I please upload your horizontal images to use as desktop wall paper on my personal computer?
By all means. I have a bunch more on my website, feel free to add anything from there if you like. Just click the www link at the bottom of the post.

He he he sarracenia... you forgot the link to your web site.

Thanks much for letting me add some color to my desktop.

It's the www button at the bottom of the post, with the picture of earth next to it, next to all the other buttons, like PM, YIM, etc......

It is still sunny and warm here in Georgia and a few of the gang are still hanging on. It seems they went down quicker this year than last but here are the stragglers.

alata x leuco

alataxleuco.jpg

oreo x rubra

oreoxrubra.jpg

rubra gulfensis red form

redrubras.jpg

black tube alatas

blackalatas.jpg

The alatas are twisted due to the Orthene I had to spray for pests. OPPS!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Oct. 25 2004,10:09)]Gosh, I am speechless regarding the assortment and quality of photos I have seen. I have to say the 'Leah Wilkerson' sarrs are awesome but my gosh, there were so many incredibly breathtaking images that I am overwhelmed.  

Hello sarracenia, regarding the image on p33.  That is most certainly Spiranthes. My guess is that it is actually Nodding Ladies Tresses though.  The image was actually a little too close for me to get a good look at the coiling.  See if S. cernua is a match. Lucky you for getting that to pop up as it did.  

I have a few requests-

To BobZ, JBL, imduff, Noah, and adnedam... may I please e-mail some of your photos to a friend whom I believe would really enjoy seeing them?  I will credit your user names and include a link to this thread.  Maybe he'll even join here.  That would be nice.
If your talking of this Noah then the answer is go for it:)

Ohhh....Brooks that alata x leucophylla is realy nice! As is the oreo x rubra and the black tubes are real cool too:)

I can't take it! These plants are all gorgeous! I would love to start collecting these guys, but I am afraid that hot, windy Nebraska would make them unhappy(w/o a greenhouse frame of some kind). I have seen some nifty tiny greenhouses(6' x 8') or so that you throw up like a tent, but I would think the wind here would batter it down eventually.

Cheers,

Joe

Here are three more random photos from today's "clean up on aisle 3"

227.jpg

627.jpg

327.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Oct. 27 2004,12:54)]I can't take it! These plants are all gorgeous! I would love to start collecting these guys, but I am afraid that hot, windy Nebraska would make them unhappy(w/o a greenhouse frame of some kind). I have seen some nifty tiny greenhouses(6' x 8') or so that you throw up like a tent, but I would think the wind here would batter it down eventually.

Cheers,

Joe
Eek.....and my moms thinking of moveing to Omaha in the future:O Bad for my plants!

Very nice PDX I especialy like the first and second one....I bet they would look very nice in a mixed bog together:)

Thanks Noah,

I do move my plants around quite a bit in order to give the most sun to the ones actively growing. Although, we may have seen the last of the sun here in Oregon until next April.

Hmmm... photos of clean up in aisle 3
confused.gif
What a riot! What does aisle 1 and 2 look like. As usual PDX, your photos are exquisite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back