What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Aug. 28 2004,7:14)]Does it ever realy open up fully or does it stay like that? I`m asuming theres alot of pssitacina in there?
That's about it - not the world's greatest bug-eater.

Noah, the Sarr. in the foreground is a dixie lace. Way off to the left is a pitcher of S. purpurea. Behind it are what turned out to be leucophylla, rescued from the 50 cent rack at Home Depot. And the little fella in the pot is indeed a baby ventricosa. I bought it and the purpurea from Lowes last November.

Jim,

Nice job on the rescues - are they ready for their "close ups" yet?

They would be, if I had a decent camera. Mine is a "complimentary" Earthlink camera that doesn't have any close up capabilties. They recommend taking pics from 3-7' away from the subject, which is nice if you are a human or a buliding - but not a cp. I've know, Ive tried, even with holding a magnifying glass in front of it. It is totally useless for cp's. What I have done is enlist a willing co-worker with a top of the line camera to take good pictures.

Originally, I thought those leucos were rubras. After putting them outside for awhile, they proved to have been etiolated and stressed white leucos of some sort.

PDX, actually, I cheated - those plants aren't really mine but from the local botanic garden's bog that I helped build and maintain. I'm really digging that aussie flava hybrid of yours
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]OOOOOOOOO!!!! Gulfensis' girlfriend is cute!! What's her name???

If I remember correctly here name is Rubecca Gulfenson
biggrin.gif

Peter

A couple more hybrids...First a leuco x minor, followed by John Hummer's 'Golden-Red Judilee.' Thanks to all for sharing some nice looking plants.
imduff

leucominor.jpg

hummer.jpg

Imduff - great plants as always. Thanks for the Golden-Red photo, you've helped me id mine. I took your leuco x minor as inspiration, here's my red one. Also a x Citronelli

exx.jpg

cit.jpg

Mr. Obsessed has been awful quiet today - could he be out burning up the Visa card at carnivorous plant nurseries in order to post more great photos?
smile_m_32.gif

That photo is for you PDX. This plant produces a huge, over-sized lid. It's a great plant also for hybridizers also, as it produces lots of flowers and seeds. I can't wait to see what it's seedlings look like.
imduff

Imduff,
You have so incredible plants. I just got a Hummer's Golden Red Jubilee and I am thrilled to know what it will look like in full pitcher. That excellens is EXCELLENT! Thanks to everyone who have posted their pics. I live for it!

Now, another lovely....

Alata "Orange Sunset"

orangealata.jpg

orangealatalids.jpg

Love that alata hybrid, Brooks. It looks like a gem this time of year. These should be my last couple photos for a while. For a unique finish I'm including an old photo of a NC purp and a hybrid that I recently sent you, PDX. Enjoyed it, thanks to all.
imduff

yellowpurp.jpg

op.jpg

Very nice! Why are thats purps flowers white? Is it var. burkei?

It's not a 'burkei.' It's a 'venosa' typical of NC. It produces yellow flowers. I'm not sure why.
imduff

Thats real cool! And its not a heterodoxa either! It might be worthy of a cultivar name,any thoughts on this?

OK, can't have a day go by where I let Brooks post the last photo
smile_m_32.gif

The first is a Rubra Alabamensis from Chilton County - this one is for Bugweed.

Next is a Red Dixie.

rubac.jpg

redd.jpg

I've been outcrossing the yellow flowered purp with other NC purps to see if I could improve the plant. As well, I'd like to see how the yellow color is inherited. The plant itself is vigorous and produces nice red veined pitchers. I've crossed it with a large pitchering purp that produces large flowers. It might take another generation but, I'm interested to see what develops.
imduff

Imduff,
Now, you kill me. I am weak seeing thoes two plants. I want to know what PDX did to deserve a piece of that second one? I think that one should be called 'Bullfrog.'

OK Mr. PDX, the day is not done just yet and I have been busy this morning in the CP bogs with the camera. And, yes Scarlett, tomorrow is another day.

I post a trio of greens: a leuco x purp x rubra gulfensis, a leuco x rubra and, a oreo x leuco white with a leuco green x rubra jonesii green in the back ground. How about them (green) apples?

mitchx.jpg

lxrgrn.jpg

green.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back