What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think there should be a "winner" because then there would have to be "losers" i think you'r all winners!

Well, I hate to see this thread die out. It was great seeing everyone's plants. As the days get shorter it means the sarracenia will be fading soon....
smile_h_32.gif

Here's a couple more photos of 2 of my current favorite hybrids.

unc1.jpg

unc2.jpg

The first is breathtaking. What is it? Is it really that dark in person?

Awesome plants!

- Patrick

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ptfreelander @ Sep. 08 2004,11:55)]The first is breathtaking.  What is it?  Is it really that dark in person?

Awesome plants!

- Patrick
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the compliment. The plant truly is that dark as my camera and photo software are from about 1987, so what you see is pretty much what's there
smile.gif

With some help from a friend, we determined it probably is a Rubra ssp. Jonesii x Leucophylla.

Take care.

These photos are from the spring as the sarras are looking pretty tatty in the greenhouse now unfortunately. Sorry if you have dialup!

1.jpg

One part of the greenhouse

3.jpg

S.x alata red lid x flava

5.jpg

S.x moorei

6.jpg

S.x moorei 'Brook's Hybrid'

7.jpg

S.x oreophila x minor

9.jpg

S. flava var. rugelii, Telogia

10.jpg

S. flava var. rubricorpora, Apalachicola

11.jpg

S. flava var. rubricorpora 'Burgundy'

12.jpg

S.x catesbaei x oreophila (later become very heavily veined with a red throat)

13.jpg

S.x excellens x formosa

I'm hopefully getting a new digital camera next week. Should be able to take some pics then, if we don't get frosts by then.

Here's a couple more that still look "presentable", a flava x minor and I found these new pitchers popping up on a tired looking flava var. cuprea.

fmin.jpg

fct94.jpg

OMG!!!!!!  I've wet myself! Must----go---or----will----start---begging.......

Hey all -

The alatas are awakening!!!

S. alata, Jackson County Mississippi

- Patrick

Sarracenia_alata_SAAL00012b.jpg

Alexis - those are some great looking plants!

Patrick - nice alata.

Here's a couple of my Okaloosa County leucophylla starting their Fall pitchers.

okaleuc.jpg

oka2.jpg

Sometimes I think nothing beats a nice fall leucophylla.

My leucos are FINALLY sending up fall pitchers. They are growing fast...literally over 1" per day. I expect them to be open and hardened off by October 1.

This morning I couldn't stop myself from snapping a few photos of some plants sending up their fall foliage. Anyway, here's a flava x leuco and an unknown hybrid that sends up a mass of pitchers every fall.
imduff

flavaleuco.jpg

fallhybrid.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PDX @ Aug. 26 2004,7:02)]OK, I knew my days were numbered before Mr. Obsessed broke out the family photos of the Wilkerson clan!
smile.gif

So, I counter with the hybrid "Llama" from Triffid Park in Australia and drum roll please........... Leuco. Hurricane Creek White. This one's so new the paint's not even dry yet!
smile_n_32.gif

lhcw2.jpg
wow! now i really cant wait till i get mine

Imduff,

That leuco x flava is a stunner! Here's a few more photos from today. A nice dark red Rubra ssp. Jonesii (in front of a new pitcher on the x Evandine hybrid), a hybrid I forgot to check the tag on and another new unidentified hybrid.

jonred.jpg

pp94.jpg

mell2.jpg

Imduff,
That second hybrid KILLS me. I am weak.

I have not responded recently as the hurricane force winds that came through Atlanta last week caused a power surge that blew the computer at home.
smile_h_32.gif

I must post from the office. here ya go PDX.

an alata x leuco
pe.jpg

a Leuco "Pink Lip"
leuco'pinklip'.jpg

a collection of leucos
leucos.jpg

and a nice moorei
mooreia.jpg

Very nice new photos every one! I`m thinking that first hybrid is a minor x rubra cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back