What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Brooks,
I have certainly made the mistake of using too heavy a dose of Orthene on Sarracenia: and the result is deformed/distorted pitchers. The plant eventually grows out of it. We have gone back to the more expensive and labor intensive use of topical sprays, namely Talstar. It really works on all pests from those pesky submarine mealybugs that attack the roots to thrips and spider mites.
How are the saved rubras from Crestview doing? Michelle and I were there in April to see the purp venosas in bloom right next to that location, but they were under several feet of dirt and new homes. (not that it makes any diff anymore, but the purps grew in a bog on the west side of the creek that runs north-south to the west of the rubras).

Trent

Trent,
Tell me about this Telstar. I can get commercial pesticides and that sounds like one of them. What do you mean by expensive and labor intensive? I just spent $58 bucks on a quart of Cleary3336 and I didn't think that was bad.

I did not keep any of the Crestview rubras for myself unfortunatly. it seems that whole Crestview area is under major development. It is sad the hear. I wish someone could rescue more but there is only so much we can do.

Now, back to my friendly feud with PDX.

I see you a Tyler, Texas Alata and raise you a green and white wrig.

alatatylertx.jpg

grnlxp.jpg

Now, there is no cheating here. These are all recent pics taken within the past week.

PDXs S.leuco. x Psitt. x Rubra is still winning in my opinion.:;):

Mr. Obsessed,

Once again - mighty fine plants. That's a particularly nice alata. Today's favorites are a "Mardi Gras" and a Leuco. x Courtii "Northern Pink". The NP is pretty funny looking - it looks like a big dinosaur head.

mg.jpg

lxcnp.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Aug. 25 2004,6:06)]PDXs S.leuco. x Psitt. x Rubra is still winning in my opinion.:;):
Thanks for the vote!
smile.gif

This is the "Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots" of sarracenia! The duel of the century! One minute PDX is ahead, the next Brooks comes out swinging and edges out by a nose. lol

You both have some spectacular plants! Oh my! Hard to judge who's "ahead". You're all ahead of me! If my Schnell's Ghost new pitcher photo comes out (doubtful), I'll post it but its not on the level of you guys!

Ok...Brooks...you gotta step up to the plate here. Don't leave PDX with the last word.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 26 2004,12:15)]This is the "Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots" of sarracenia!  The duel of the century!  One minute PDX is ahead, the next Brooks comes out swinging and edges out by a nose.  lol

You both have some spectacular plants!  Oh my!  Hard to judge who's "ahead".  You're all ahead of me!  If my Schnell's Ghost new pitcher photo comes out (doubtful), I'll post it but its not on the level of you guys!

Ok...Brooks...you gotta step up to the plate here.  Don't leave PDX with the last word.  
smile_m_32.gif
C'mon PAK - post a few photos. I myself can't see enough photos of sarracenia! I've thought about starting a thread of "Ugliest" plants - quite a few are looking natty now.

Brooks is probably out scouring the nurseries for a couple new entries today!
smile.gif

I'm waiting for his next move - I've still got a few more plants to post
smile_m_32.gif

P.S. - This is all in fun, everybody join in!!

I WILL NOT be out done!

Brain Fart Brooks left the camera at home with all the recent photos to finish this feud with so I am going to resort to pics taken earlier this season.

I see you a "Adrine Slack Imposter" and raise you a "Wilkerson's Red."

adrineslackimposterfrontresz.jpg

wilkerson'sredthroatresz.jpg

OK, I knew my days were numbered before Mr. Obsessed broke out the family photos of the Wilkerson clan!
smile.gif

So, I counter with the hybrid "Llama" from Triffid Park in Australia and drum roll please........... Leuco. Hurricane Creek White. This one's so new the paint's not even dry yet!
smile_n_32.gif

llama.jpg

lhcw2.jpg

Wow PDX, that top picture is....... I can't find the words to describe it cuz it's so Awsome! you got my vote!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I'm rooting for the "Wilkerson's Red"
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Peter

I don't think so, Peter! The Wilkerson's Red is rooting all by itself.

PDX,
I counter with a red leuco and raise you a trio of 'Schnell's Ghost'

redleuco.jpg

'schnell'sghost'.jpg

Just disregard thoes three foot leucos in the back there.

And, I add a 'Red Flame', a 'Scarlett Belle' and a hoard of purp. venosa 'Montana's.

'redflame'close.jpg

'scarletbelle'.jpg

pm.jpg

More bee-you-te-ful plants Brooks! I will offer up an Alata Red Throat x Oreophila, A Leucophylla from Foley Co., AL, and the "unknown hybrid".

axo.jpg

lfa.jpg

pp2.jpg

OK, two more before I head off to work... An Okee Minor Giant and my favorite Flava Rugelli.

omg.jpg

rugel1.jpg

Not too late to join in?
My favourite flava var. ornata

S%20flava%20var%20ornata,F88,Apalachicola,extremely%20dark%20rim%20and%20t.jpg

Baldwin County leuco at 3 feet tall

sleucophylla,baldwinco,l20a_jpeg.jpg

Monster leuco from Deer Park, Alabama. This one has a pitcher opening of 3 inches

sleucophylla,deer%20park,l12a,b.jpg

Oh my....This is my first time through this thread....I...I....I...

Speachless.

Mike - Welcome to the show! I was hoping you'd post a few photos. Please post more! The ornata is especially lovely.

More wonderful pics! I realy like that S.flava "rugeli".:) It`s so monstrous looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back