What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love this plant (flava x psitt):

flavarpsitt.jpg

This is just a monster of a plant (purp x flava):

purpflavao.jpg

an unknown hybrid:

unknownb.jpg

An 18 month old seedling from the first crosses I ever did. Unfortunately, all the tags faded in the sun. I'll never know for sure what it is.
seedling1.jpg

The next two are from the same goofy unknown psitt hybrid, reminiscent of 'Boob Tube'.

unknowna.jpg

unknowna2.jpg

Great pics everyone! I love that flava x psitt Sarr! Heres some more pics from me. Heres a front on view of my x "Rose Witt"
S.rose_witt_front_view_9_23_04.jpg
,mouth view
S.rosewittmouthview_9_23_04.JPG
,and finnaly a rear view
S.rosewitt_rear_view_9_23_04.jpg
. Do you all agree that it`s a rubra x purp? Or do you think theres something else in there?

And heres a side view leuco
S.leucophylla_9_23_04.jpg
,and a top view
S.leucophylla_tops_9_23_04.jpg

Heres a S.purpurea ssp.venosa var.burkei
S.rosea_9_23_04.jpg
. Updated S.purpurea ssp.venosa from lowes
S.venosa_lowes_9_23_04.jpg
,and S.oreophilla from Dean Cook
S.oreophilla_9_23_04.jpg

Ohhh,those tarnoks are nice PDX! And that alata is got alota hood Brooks Lol.:laugh:

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Sep. 23 2004,11:48)]Do you all agree that it`s a rubra x purp? Or do you think theres something else in there?
hey Noah,

what's the story behind that Rose Witt? I haven't heard that one before. i think there is leuco in that plant. with the ruffled lid, as well as the appearance of faint areolae lead me to believe this. could just be a straight leuco x purp hybrid you got there. you just never know though.

great pics, sarracenia, and pond boy, I'd been wondering if my purp x flav would look different then my flav x purp

Noah,

The plant you're calling Rose Witt is a nice looking plant. How tall does it get?

Here's a couple more photos. A nicely colored alata x leuco and a new pitcher on a flava red tube. Don't think the flava will color up all the way - as the sun is getting weaker and the temperatures are starting to drop.

al2922.jpg

rf922.jpg

Noah,

I, too, am curious about the S. "Rose Witt" story.

Also, the " S.oreophilla from Dean Cook" looks like it is a hybrid. It looks similar to what Dean shows as oreophila x psittacina at
http://www.flytraps.com/newlook....ttacina

Pond Boy,

Love your pics. Yhje pinestraw on the surface reminds me of the "Charles Brewer School of Growing", lol. Also, what is the prey floating in that pitcher? The eyes are so huge, it looks like a jig or some kind of lure, lol. I am guessing a grasshopper?

Cheers,

Joe

Is Rose Witt a registered cultivar?

Looks like it could be S.x purpurea ssp. purpurea var. heterophylla x leucophylla?

Let's start the weekend off right.

A beauty red leuco just opening.
redleuco1.jpg

and a snappy wavy lidded moorei (I just love moorei crosses!)

waveyhoodmoorei.jpg

Here's a couple more to begin the weekend.

The first has to be the oddest plant in my collection. It's a leuco x courtii 'Northern Red'. I'm never sure if I like it or can't stand it. I can never seem to take a decent photo of it either. The second is one of my favorites. It's a large Okee Giant hybrid with a nice bronze/red color. For now I just refer to it as Big Red.

Have a good weekend
smile.gif

nr924.jpg

red924.jpg

Sarracenia: It is a plant I received as a teeny little unknown hybrid seedling from you gueessed it copper,its exploded in growth this summer.
PDX: I don`t know it`s only 2 years from seed and is already 6in. tall!

Bobz thats because of my cutting the rhizome so those are immature pitchers,the main growth points pitchers where typical for a ore.
Very nice morei obsessed.

Brooks -

That leuco is incredibly red!  I thought the beuty I've got opening in my bog was red, but yours has almost no windows there's so much red!

That's a nice moorei.  It's more heavily leuco than I'm used to seeing.

- Patrick

Not sure what this thing was but it was roaming across the plants today.... Way too big to feed to the fly trap though
smile.gif

bug925.jpg

bug2925.jpg

bug3925.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back