Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My conditions for heliamphora

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am new on this foum but have been growing carnivorous plants for a looooong time without much success. I now have a 55 gallon terrarium which makes it easy to grow most easy species. The conditions are as follows Day temp maximum:80degrees Night temp minimum: 68-70(possible cooler in winter) humidity 80%
    Is it possible to grow any helis in these conditons? my highland neps don't seem to mind it. The highland neps I am growing are N.ventricosa, N.veitchii highland, N.ventricosa x dubia, and N.x judith finn. they all are pitchering and doing well along with my lowlanders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is possible. H.heterodoxa x minor, heterodoxa-Gran Sabana and minor can be grown in the conditions you described. It would be even better if the night temperature is cooler.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i grow both heliamphora that cp2k talked about with success in mid-high 80 days and low-mid 70 nights (usually low).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great!
    I actually prefer the more common species and hybrids. The rare ones just tend to stay immature waaaaaay to long. I'm getting the fuzzy red form of H. minor and the giant form of H. nutans in the mail in a few weeks from the nepenthes nursery. I am also getting a N. sibuyanensis and N.eymai along with about 6 other intermediate species and hybrids in the mail. should the afformentioned neps do well. If not, I'll have to invest in a refrigerator unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can bet your butt that i would grow the rare ones if i could give them the right temps. i guess i'll have to wait untill i move to sanfransisco or a surrounding city for that hehe. or when i'm super rich and can make a cold-room for highlanders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

I just have a question for all of you. How long have you been growing heliamphoras under those conditions described?. I am afraid, these plants are tolerant to those conditions, but for up to 3-4 months, after that anything can happen.

It'd be better to give them slightly lower temperatures. For example, H. heterodoxa stops growth when the night time temperatures are above 70 F and it thrives when the night time temperatures are in the mid 60's.

Any reply reply would be very much appreciated.

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that isn't true about h. heterodixa stopping growth. i brought mine back from the brink of death and then forgot about it because i thought it was a gonner. now it's shooting up 3 more pitchers. i've had it about ohh, a month. that's just a rough estimate.

then agian it's a "gran sabbana" , and who knows what will happen to my heterodoxa x minor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi justlikeapill:

Do you always grow your heliamphoras under lowland conditions? and if so for how long?

Thanks

gus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast