Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarracenia rubra in georgia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've talked to Phil Sheridan and he says that they're almost done with a paper about the plant...it will be named as a distinct variety.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From D. Schnell:

'What does grow in the county [Taylor County, Georgia] to this day is a variety of S. rubra that is rather tall, has an expanded top, and has closest affinity to subspecies gulfensis of that species'.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case anyone's interested I posted a photo of my new specimen of the ancestral rubra in the photo thread.

I think it's a great looking plant with nice coloring. It really doesn't look like my gulfensis plants at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear someone else say that (about gulfensis). Everyone is so happy to accept that it's gulfensis, but it simply doesn't look the same!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a botanist (yet, anyway), and I know appearances aren't everything. But these ancestral plants are just so different.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12