Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge leucophylla pitchers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOT... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Ever since I got this from Dean, its been putting out phyllodia... And what does it do for fall? PUT OUT 18 INCH PHYLLODIA WITH A TINY 1 MM WIDE PITCHER AT THE END!

Anyone know why this guy refuses to "grow up"? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say burn it this winter and see if that does not shock it into growing. Haven't a clue what could be wrong with it but I say do something different.
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I go about "burning" it? Thr crown is above the soil line, so it would prolly kill it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah!!!! Pack wet LFS around the crown and pile a hand ful of pinestaw on it and light it...outside with a hose on and ready. a low heat fire that will burn the phyllodia off in late Feb. before they come up and make sure the ashes are in the pot and get watered in.
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it got maximum light? What's it potted in? Has it had a dormancy whilst its been in your care? I find leucos can sometimes take time to readjust to conditions when they are suddenly grown in a slightly different environment. It will sort itself out, I've had leucophyllas take a couple of years to start doing their stuff properly.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes the final phyllodia of summer will finish with tiny openings, but they'll soon be followed by those awesome fall pitchers. Assuming there's enough light and the plant is otherwise happy.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd just give it time. One of my leucos bloomed this spring and made nothing but phyllodia all year. Then, in the last week or two, it began to send up BIG pitchers. I expect them to open around October 1.
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do decide to burn it, make sure it's not in a plastic pot still... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast