What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H. heterodoxa

Hey,

Not too many Helio pics, so I thought I'd show the new pithcer on the H. heterodoxa I got in a trade with BobZ (thanks Bob!). Check out the first lunch it's going to get in the form of a gnat at the top!!!
H_heterodoxa.sized.jpg

Capslock

From the looks of it, it seems your conditions are more than accomidating to what it is used to seeing as the it's showing more heterodoxa traits in pitcher shape and lacking the flare. I also can tell by the coloring that the new pitcher carries but the older ones do not.

This wasn't in offense to Bob, but doesn't it make you happy Bob that your plant went to someone who will love it just as much as you did?

I love Heliamphora, excellent job.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (leafedwellsofwater @ Sep. 27 2004,2:40)]From the looks of it, it seems your conditions are more than accomidating to what it is used to seeing ... but doesn't it make you happy Bob that your plant went to someone who will love it just as much as you did?
You don't realize how close to the painful truth that your comment hit. The plant that Capslock received originally grew at the University greenhouse, but was continually attacked and eventually killed by thrips. I rescued an offshoot several years ago and grew it at home, taking offshoots back to the University now and then, only to see it again killed by thrips in a short time. Then this summer, a large dog somehow got locked in my greenhouse at home and destroyed most of my Heliamphora. The H. heterodoxa was a total loss. It is indeed nice to see that a part of the original plant still survives.

I have lost many a plant in my life due to stupidity or freaky accidents, but that dog-in-the-greenhouse story tops any of my stories.

Dog in the Greenhouse?... How did that happen?
confused.gif
confused.gif
LOL

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter @ Sep. 29 2004,1:43)]Dog in the Greenhouse?... How did that happen?
All that needs to be said is: teenage kids

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter @ Sep. 30 2004,1:43)]Dog in the Greenhouse?... How did that happen?  
confused.gif
confused.gif
  LOL
...NOT funny
smile_h_32.gif

Bob, you need to get a lock for your greenhouse

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 30 2004,5:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter @ Sep. 30 2004,1:43)]Dog in the Greenhouse?... How did that happen?  
confused.gif
confused.gif
  LOL
...NOT funny
smile_h_32.gif

Bob, you need to get a lock for your greenhouse
then they neighbors will REALLY want to know whats going on
smile_m_32.gif

Lol. "whats he growing in there that it needs a lock???"

LOL! then you'll have police instead of dogs inside your greenhouse :p

Hi BobZ and Capslock:

Nice looking plant!. I was wondering whether you can advise us on how to grow H heterodoxa. I have killed 5 so far. I still don't know what's the best conditions to grow this plant.

Your help would be very much appreciated

Gus

Back