What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maybe heli

i just got in a package from some1 and i asked for D. Adelae, but i got some (i think they are) little Helis ^^
i put them in my terrarium (The PFT 1) usedsome LFS, and i also added some rooting powder (cuz they seemed to have only like 2 roots). Will Helis survive with no night time drop?
i was thinking to keep em outside cuz it gets round 50s to high 40s around here now, and day time is around 70 (all farenheit). i think they will be ok in the terrarium tho.
ill try to post a pic
Hellz

no drop at all? you mean it's constant?

mine get about a 10 degree drop

Mine are about a constant 60 so are the Cephs in the same container.

Joe

Hmm. my H. heterodoxa x Nutans grows in my lowland setup and gets only a 5 degree drop and like it so they should be fine

As long as you keep the roots relatively cool (not necessarily as cool as with Darlingtonia) they should be fine, at least with my experience with Heliamphora spp. growing at the Frederik Meijer Gardens.
Happy growing Hellz!

Amori

So helis and cephs like cool temps?? Wow then they'd be perfect for my room....if it was a little more humid in there. I like my room reaallllyyy collldd.

Great, The LFS they are in is shaded by a nep leaf so they are in shade.
i hope they do good, i love to try new plants, and if it doesent work, well i guess ill just have to try again ^^
Hellz

shade? they need light.

no no no, they are in shade but half of its is in the light
Hellz

Wow, I wonder what you would have got if you had asked for a N. hamata......
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ Oct. 04 2004,6:28)]So helis and cephs like cool temps?? Wow then they'd be perfect for my room....if it was a little more humid in there. I like my room reaallllyyy collldd.
I grow both on my window

Back