Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Purp hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neat! I have one just like that! But it wasn't labeld when i got it... Sorry, i can't tell you.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amori,
    That's a nice hybrid. Did you get it at a garden center in Great Britain?
    I would say it's a catesbeae, but could also have some alata in it. We have purp x alata hybrids that do exactly what you described; start out green and darken to deep maroon with age.

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still doubtful about it being catesbaei. This hybrid tends to have a hood that folds in at the top - look at a flava hood and imagine how the shape of this will carry over to the hybrid.

Not to say there isn't flava somewhere in there, but I bet rubra or alata or present.

Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! is all i can say. that lip. to quote Nigel Tufnel: "none more black". it looks like licorice. that is a cool plant you have there. if you got it at a grocery store, i would think that it means that it's getting mass produced (TC) somewhere. someone, somewhere, must have some kind of idea about it. it's really hard to say what's in it, based on that newer pic. i see flava and purp definitely. you could argue the black comes from alata, however, sarra genetics are a bit odd and the black could just be a product of two or more genes working together to produce such dark pigmentation; not necessarily from a dark parent. i'm sure a lot of sun helps too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trent and Alexis, thanks for your input. I'm interested in finding out what the parentage is of this cross, and both your suggestions are very valid.
    Trent, I bought it a Frost's Garden Centre (in Woburn Sands, Milton Keynes, Bucks) where I now work. I know that most, if not all their (our?) CP stock is from Holland. Summer is Sarracenia and VFT season, and now it's N. ventrata (labelled alata, of course [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] ), VFTs and D. capensis. I'll check the labels for their origin tomorrow when I go back to work. Now I must go grab that Sarr (which doesn't want to go dormant yet) and put it in the shed for the night. Mmmmmm.... licorice.....

Amori

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123