Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to obtain a oreophila

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh btw, maybe i can send you a seed thats about to germinate, would that work, can i do that legally?
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw that's an auction in Britain. Sales/trades of USFW endangered species don't apply. CITES restrictions may be different also within the EU.

US folks however would not be allowed to import USFW endangered species (not to mention potential CITES and Phytosanitary issues as well).

Kirk as long as your giving them away for no more than reimbursement on the shipping then give all you want within the US.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So....Tony if\when Dino`s jonesii F. heterophyla has seed and he sends me some would that be legal?
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well few things.. If you want to do everything by the leter of the law. Technically all seed coming from overseas must have a phytosanitary certificate to enter the US. This would be the responsibility of the shipper. The person receiving the seed in the US would have a General Permit to import plant material.

Now your also talking about a plant listed on CITES I. ALL plant material for Appendix plants is restricted, including seeds. To send them internationally would require a CITES export permit from the country of origin for CITES I material. Also a CITES import permit from the destination country for CITES I material. Final note this is for material coming into the US. Material going out of the US or between two other nonUS countries may have different requirements.

In a nut shell no it would not be legal even if he is giving them to you for free. Unless the above conditions are met.

Inside the US it would be because your not dealing with international restrictions and instead solely USFW which states that Endangered plants may cross state lines if they are given as a gift, but they may not be sold/traded etc for personal gain except within state boundries. (paraphrasing)
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay well if you want some seeds that are in one of my sprouting pots, send SASE to:
    Kirk Simpson
    2326 Thornhill Dr.
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Sorry this only applies to the topic started since i dont have enough for everyone
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12