What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to obtain a oreophila

I am wondering how you could possibly get an oreophila into your collection. Im not trying to start a debate about the 100 rules on this plant.
smile_m_32.gif
I am guessing seeds is the way to go. where could you get seeds from? And yes i dont live in oregon.
smile.gif

All parts of the plant are restricted including seeds.

Maybe you will get lucky and someone will offer to give you one.

Tony

Try emailing major cp websites or commercial sites like Dean. Usually they will be happy to send you a plant or two along with your order. That is how I got mine.

AH yes good point! I had forgotten about the ICPS having the proper permits now.

T

OH i could try dean maybe he had given me one before but it died sadly as it was attacked by fungus in spring and never came back.
mad.gif
confused.gif

Wait until spring. Many growers on here might have divisions they could give you. I sent out a few this past spring/summer, and there is a good chance I will have more again in the spring/summer of 2005.

okay i ordered some seed myself, i stratified it for only a week, without the wet paper towel, and 6 weeks later im seeing seedlings, yay! im so exited, especially since its the second thing to germinate this week after i'd never germinated anything before, besides some vfts and stuff

oh btw, maybe i can send you a seed thats about to germinate, would that work, can i do that legally?

btw that's an auction in Britain. Sales/trades of USFW endangered species don't apply. CITES restrictions may be different also within the EU.

US folks however would not be allowed to import USFW endangered species (not to mention potential CITES and Phytosanitary issues as well).

Kirk as long as your giving them away for no more than reimbursement on the shipping then give all you want within the US.

Tony

So....Tony if\when Dino`s jonesii F. heterophyla has seed and he sends me some would that be legal?

Well few things.. If you want to do everything by the leter of the law. Technically all seed coming from overseas must have a phytosanitary certificate to enter the US. This would be the responsibility of the shipper. The person receiving the seed in the US would have a General Permit to import plant material.

Now your also talking about a plant listed on CITES I. ALL plant material for Appendix plants is restricted, including seeds. To send them internationally would require a CITES export permit from the country of origin for CITES I material. Also a CITES import permit from the destination country for CITES I material. Final note this is for material coming into the US. Material going out of the US or between two other nonUS countries may have different requirements.

In a nut shell no it would not be legal even if he is giving them to you for free. Unless the above conditions are met.

Inside the US it would be because your not dealing with international restrictions and instead solely USFW which states that Endangered plants may cross state lines if they are given as a gift, but they may not be sold/traded etc for personal gain except within state boundries. (paraphrasing)
Tony

okay well if you want some seeds that are in one of my sprouting pots, send SASE to:
Kirk Simpson
2326 Thornhill Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO
Sorry this only applies to the topic started since i dont have enough for everyone

Back